Favorite part of a waffle (1 Viewer)

What is the best part of a waffle

• Crunchy Edge

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • the center

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
If you like centers then you probably like pancakes even better no? Personally, pancakes can give me a horrible stomach ache. Waffles usually don’t. Probably because the batter gets cooked everywhere more consistently. I have not been able to come up with another possible reason anyway.

Dang covid man. I am still getting over it. I have this fog thing going on with the oxygen I am on. I think it's really messing with me. I believe this is why I got the clown.

Waffles are basically pancakes in a different form. I think it's odd that people eat sweet sugary cakes covered with sweet sugary syrup for breakfast. That's a dessert food, but somehow it's an American breakfast thing to eat dessert type foods for breakfast -- I'm looking at you too donuts and various other pastries! Why do we think this is an acceptable breakfast? It's kinda gross.

Waffles are basically pancakes in a different form. I think it's odd that people eat sweet sugary cakes covered with sweet sugary syrup for breakfast. That's a dessert food, but somehow it's an American breakfast thing to eat dessert type foods for breakfast -- I'm looking at you too donuts and various other pastries! Why do we think this is an acceptable breakfast? It's kinda gross.
i'm going to guess that donuts after dinner is a far weirder concept for me than pancakes for breakfast is for you

Dang covid man. I am still getting over it. I have this fog thing going on with the oxygen I am on. I think it's really messing with me. I believe this is why I got the clown.
Great news! The clown has been removed! I repeat, the clown has been removed!

Hope you get to feeling better and start threads on the appropriate forum soon. :9:

i'm going to guess that donuts after dinner is a far weirder concept for me than pancakes for breakfast is for you

I look at food in terms of the ingredients that make them so a donut after dinner is not so much different than a piece of cake. And then crepes are just a different form of pancakes, which are a cake, and crepes are a perfectly fine dinner thing, so let your preconceived notions go, eh? Pancakes for dinner is cake for dinner which is not so much different than donuts, and just follow the logic to realize donuts are not much different from crepes, which can be a dinner thing, and you can go on enlightened about the truth of breakfast ;)

I look at food in terms of the ingredients that make them so a donut after dinner is not so much different than a piece of cake. And then crepes are just a different form of pancakes, which are a cake, and crepes are a perfectly fine dinner thing, so let your preconceived notions go, eh? Pancakes for dinner is cake for dinner which is not so much different than donuts, and just follow the logic to realize donuts are not much different from crepes, which can be a dinner thing, and you can go on enlightened about the truth of breakfast ;)
i can find all of the ingredients for a pasta/meat sauce in my breakfast - does not mean i want pasta/meat sauce for breakfast

i have very specifics windows for meal times - coffee, cereal, eggs, donuts, pancakes will seldom go past 11am
sandwiches fit in a 10am-2pm slot
dinners are dinnertime
the only real caveat is that i can reheat dinners for lunch if i'm at work (will not do that at home) and every now and then i can do cereal for dinner - but that's rare

i can find all of the ingredients for a pasta/meat sauce in my breakfast - does not mean i want pasta/meat sauce for breakfast

It's about the proportions of those ingredients. What I'm getting at is that sugar dominates many acceptable breakfast foods in a way that, to me, is pretty gross in terms of what is an acceptable meal at any time other than breakfast. Just weird.

Nah. Even if you accidentally posted on the wrong board a simple “hey mods can you move this” would suffice in lieu of a clown. People get bent out of shape over nothing.

Check out the Good Eats Waffle episode where he goes into why waffles and pancakes are not the same. Also if you are using pancake batter to make waffles, you are doing it wrong and not really making waffles. These 2 batters are not interchangable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom