Favorite PS4 racing games (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I was looking for a good racing game and would love an old school GTR experience but everything I read about GTR Sport is that it is primarily geared toward online play. Anyone have one they love? My favorites were always GT and Midnight Race Club. Only a fan of a couple in the NFS series.

The Dirt series has always been pretty solid. Most of the entries have been focused on rally racing but the newest game has a good mix of racing types...they lean mostly toward sim racing with the exception of Dirt 5

they did a remaster of Burnout: Paradise City a couple of years ago and it’s still one of the best racing games ever made...definitely an arcade style racer...you can probably pick it up for pretty cheap

I always like to keep a good racing game around because you don’t really have to commit to anything...just pick up and play for the most part then forget about it for a while

I always like to keep a good racing game around because you don’t really have to commit to anything...just pick up and play for the most part then forget about it for a while

that’s how I feel about them too. You can do it as a break from another campaign. Same with the golf games for me. Def will buy those types online so I’m not switching disks to play though. I’ll check those out thanks.

Burnout is indeed on sale for 7.99 so I’ll pick that one up when I get home.

i really enjoyed the unrealistic arcade style of Midnight Club. I guess Rockstar has abandoned that one.

Last edited:
@antipop , you were right about Paradise. I love it, little retro looking at this point but it still holds up in its arcade style. And what a soundtrack. I got a laugh when I stared a race and Epic by Faith No More was playing. AIC, Jane’s. Kind of awesome.

indeed, i forgot about the music in that game....

Midnight Club was such a good racing game too...the customization for vehicles was incredible...not sure why you don't see that level of customization in racing games these days

gta 5 is still the best racing game from "last gen"

Ps3/4 and PC, I have 558 wins in 1787 races in GTA. Love the racing, especially with the PVP. Makes it more fun. Racing the CPU is typically boring in most racing games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom