Favorite Saints running play of all time (1 Viewer)

msusaintsfan

All-Pro & Resident Ninja
Reaction score
Diamondhead, MS via Houston, Tx, via Starkville, M
Just to get back to fun threads.

What is some of your favorite or all time favorite running plays? What do you consider the all time greatest?

Some of mine in no particular order:

Deuce vs Philly in 2006 playoffs. TD run where he pushed the pile 6 yards into the endzone. He would not be denied.

Reggie vs the Cards in the 2009 playoffs where he pinballed off a couple of guys then took off for the TD like he was shot out of a gun.

Mark Ingram vs the 49ers for a a 75 yard TD. He looked like a dang sprinter on that play.

AK's 74 TD run his rookie year vs the Rams. He was averaging like something like 6.1 yards a run that day. We had plenty other AK highlight runs.

I have many more from Ironhead and Dalton Hilliard, to Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory and Khiry Robinson and even Rickey Williams. What is some of yours

Any of the handful of 60-70 yard runs that Deuce McAllister had his first 2-3 years in the league. I recall one against the Steelers at home, a couple against the Panthers in Carolina, one against the Falcons in Atlanta and the longest one I believe was against the Eagles, in Philly.

Man, Deuce was deceptively fast for his size with those long strides.

The first two you mentioned were the two that first came to mind. Deuce vs Philly is my clear choice.
same

i'll add Drew's scramble TD vs falcons that looked like he was about the be decapitated but spun out of tackle and scored

also there was a naked boot by Archie that is super fuzzy in my memory but i have a sense memory of it being hella awesome

also George Rodgers absolutely steamrolling a DB with a 20 yd head start -i mean he just ran right over the guy

First one that comes to mind is Deuce versus the entire Eagles defense in the playoffs. He was getting into the endzone no matter the cost. Deuce was incredible in that game. To this day it's the hardest I've ever seen a Saints RB play.

Deuce had so many unreal runs early in his career in The Dome. It was amazing to see a guy so big run so fast. He was so fast on that old turf and if he made to the open field he wasn't getting caught. The guy would pull away from DBs and make it look easy.

Reggie had some good ones too. The "Fleur de Leap" is iconic. His TD run against the Cardinals was great. The way he spun, came to a complete stop, juked and then shot up field like a rocket, not many guys could do that.

I've always been fond of the run by Lorenzo Neal at the start of this clip:

Unfortunately Neal broke his ankle later in this game ending his time as a running back and transitioning him into one of the all time best blocking fullbacks.

This single run accounted for 23% of his rushing yards with the Saints and 9.2% of his career rushing yards.

I've always been fond of the run by Lorenzo Neal at the start of this clip:

Unfortunately Neal broke his ankle later in this game ending his time as a running back and transitioning him into one of the all time best blocking fullbacks.

This single run accounted for 23% of his rushing yards with the Saints and 9.2% of his career rushing yards.

I remember that game. I was so excited about Neal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom