Favorite Saints running play of all time (1 Viewer)

I've always been fond of the run by Lorenzo Neal at the start of this clip:

Unfortunately Neal broke his ankle later in this game ending his time as a running back and transitioning him into one of the all time best blocking fullbacks.

This single run accounted for 23% of his rushing yards with the Saints and 9.2% of his career rushing yards.

this was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread. Thanks for finding the video. I will never forget that.

Saints vs Cowboys, 2006 Week 14. This is the first game where I knew the Sean Payton Saints were not the Saints of old. Cowboys started off with a 77 yard TD run, and the Saints just piled it on after that including 3 TDs by Mike Karney. However, my favorite run of that game, and one that sticks in my mind very vividly, is a beautiful screen by Reggie Bush where he follows 2 O-linemen all the way down the field for a 61 yard TD (starts at about 1:40 in the video). Until that moment, a Saints' SuperBowl seemed like only a dream. I knew they would fall apart and blow it at some point based on year's of letdowns. This was the big pinch that woke me up to it being a real possibility.

yes. There were of course years where our Oline has links weak enough that you couldn’t tell if we actually had a RB or not. Dunbar stands out in my head because he was a 2nd (I think) or even late first. And we openly said that we picked him for his production. We were basically clueless at the time on how to tell if the skill would translate to the next level. Horrible wasted pick.

Maybe you've told this story on here before, maybe not, but it was my first time seeing/hearing it.
Glad you can taste again, and Thank you for your service seems so cliche and an understatement, but, Thank you for your service.

This. Absolutely this. I wasn't familiar with your story so thanks for posting it here. Thank you for your service.

PT23 dive over the pile on 4th&1 in OT of NFCCG. Vikes LB met him at the apex and got his hat on the ball, but PT held on. Was there ever a more clutch 1yard run?
Came here to say this. I have watched that replay hundreds of times, and I still don't understand how PT held on to that ball. If he doesn't convert, Saints probably don't go to Superbowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom