Poll Favorite Saints win of the 2018 regular season? (1 Viewer)

What is your favorite win of the 2018 regular season?

• Week 2 vs Browns: First win of the season. Avoiding another 0-2 start.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Week 3 @ Falcons: Surviving a shoot out in the sphincter dome

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Week 6 @ Ravens: Drew Brees beats all 32 teams

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Week 7 @ Vikings: Revenge against the Vikings

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Week 8 vs Rams: Handing the "best" team in the league their first loss

Votes: 66 50.4%
  • Week 9 @ Bengals: Domination (51-14)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Week 10 vs Eagles: MORE Domination (48-7)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Week 11 vs Falcons: Sweeping the dirty birds on Thanksgiving

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Week 15 vs Panthers: Defensive slugfest, 4th straight against the Panthers, Cam's postgame

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Week 16 vs Steelers: Clinching #1 seed, hurting Steelers playoff hopes

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Other: (Giants, Redskins, Bucs, Panthers part 2?)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
What up Who Dats,

Since this is the most wonderfully boring week of the NFL season for us, I was thinking back on the best wins of the season. There sure are a lot of great wins this season, so I would like to see what everyone's favorite win this year is.

Drew Brees beating all 32 teams, Saints knocking off the #1 team in week 8, dominating the bengals and eagles, beating Cam, again! Clinching #1 seed...
I might be taking the easy one, but that Rams game really put us on the map for the season, crushed any doubters and we haven't let that #1 ranking slide all season.
A close second is clinching #1 seed against Pittsburgh last week.

(I left off the games against the Giants, Redskins and Bucs, and of course we don't know what Bridgewater will do against a Cam-less Panthers team, but I was pretty doubtful any of these would be a top choice.)

While there weren’t really any guarantees for what was going to happen afterwards, the Rams game felt like the game where we cemented ourselves as a top team rather than just a playoff caliber team. Where you knew we were in the hunt for home field.

1. Rams
2. Steelers
3. @ Ravens
4. @ Falcons

Rams. Just because it was an all day thing for me. From tailgating at Mannings to watching ESPN NFL Countdown live to the actual win.

I say Ravens because it was on the road (outside) against one of the best defensive teams in the league. This was the type of game we usually lose but we were in control most of the game, so I thought it was a very impressive win.

I couldn’t imagine how different our season would be if we had lost to the Browns

Lots of great choices. It's hard to really pick a single game, but I went with the Vikings.

We beat them down in a game that Brees did not really play well in. It just felt great to beat them after having a summer of seeing their miracle hail mary play over and over.

The Falcons win early in the season would've been a favorite in any of our 7-9 seasons. That was a classic "all offense, no defense" back and forth game.

The Rams game made a lot of people realize that the Rams weren't the slam dunk that everyone had built them up to be. Plus the fact that a lot of people were still on the Rams bandwagon because they came back and tied the game after CSP went vanilla on the for the entire 3rd quarter and when it was time to step it up at the end of the game the Saints outscored them 10-0!!

The only game that worried me when I first saw the schedule was the Steelers game.

I couldn’t imagine how different our season would be if we had lost to the Browns

Yep! Zane Gonzales deserves honorable mention for Saints MVP this season considering had he turned in even just a below average performance in that game we'd have started out 0-2 for the 5th straight year and then a mountain of scrutiny could've set in at that point. VERY glad to be living in this reality instead of one where he actually showed up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom