Favorite truly obscure song (2 Viewers)

I realize Blues Traveler was not completely unknown... ask anyone under 35 or over 55 who they are... or if they have heard this song... the answer will be no... my definition of obscure may be a tad different than yours.

How about an entire album?

Thought they were going to get big, drove down to see them at the very first "CPR" Fest in Biloxi, they played a great set. Candlebox was the headliner but I cant remember any of the other bands that played.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as ‘obscure’, since i think it was a hit circa some 45 yrs ago.. but i dont hear it often today.. and, while i dont think I’m in the demographic she was aiming at when she wrote it, i think some of the themes in it are universal.

I realize Blues Traveler was not completely unknown... ask anyone under 35 or over 55 who they are... or if they have heard this song... the answer will be no... my definition of obscure may be a tad different than yours.

Fair enough....but i did say truly (emphasis).....My friend's band is the opening band for the annual NIH Rock and Roll for children Jon Popper was the main act a few years ago. He is the only main act who jammed with my friend's band (they have been doing it for a while now), I think it was No Way Out (ABB)....he was apparently a very nice and approachable guy....

I’ve been on a little bit of a Freddie Prinze (Senior) kick lately.. and when i was a kid i was a little obsessed with his comedy.. This song was the theme to his show, but was also a standalone song, not sure if actually was a ‘hit’ or not

Dream Theater never hit it...huge....but I wouldn't classify them as obscure?
They don't get radio play because of the length of their songs, so most people haven't heard their music.

My favorite obscure song - Louden Wainright III singing Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road

This is probably not obscure among those of us here, but Jim Stafford's Wildwood Flower

I've been a big fan of comedic songs for a long (and as stated in another thread) time, having been introduced to Spike Jones at a very early age. Ray Stevens, Jim Stafford, Allan Sherman, Weird Al, Victor Borge and others in that ilk were always fascinating to me.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as ‘obscure’, since i think it was a hit circa some 45 yrs ago.. but i dont hear it often today.. and, while i dont think I’m in the demographic she was aiming at when she wrote it, i think some of the themes in it are universal.

I often hear this on retro channels.

This is Kino, a Soviet new wave band that was huge in the USSR in the 80s. Their lead singer died in a car wreck in 1990.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom