Favorite TV Dinner? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Since we have packed up nearly everything for the move later in the week we are down to sandwhiches and frozen meals, otherwise known as TV dinners. There has been a lot of what I call foo-foo food showing up in the freezer section of the grocery store, Lean this, Healthy that and Smart the other. Roasted chicken pasta with poblano cream sauce?

Remember good old TV dinners? The ones in the foil tray that you couldn't microwave...because there wasn't a microwave? :ezbill:

My choice for the week? Hungry Man One Pounders. Salisbury Steak. Pork Ribs. Meatloaf. Out of these, and I have no odea why, my all-time favorite is the Salisbury Steak. What's yours?

Attachments

• swanson-hungry-man-salisbury-steak-tv-dinner.jpg
    swanson-hungry-man-salisbury-steak-tv-dinner.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I forgot to mention why it is called Salisbury Steak -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salisbury_steak

Salisbury steak is a dish made from a blend of minced beef and other ingredients, which is shaped to resemble a steak, and usually is served in brown sauce. Hamburger steak is a similar product, but differs in ingredients. Salisbury steak was invented by an American physician, Dr. J. H. Salisbury (1823–1905), and the term "Salisbury steak" was in use in the USA from 1897. It is popular in the United States, where it is traditionally served with gravy and mashed potatoes or noodles.

The Swanson's lasagna has always satisfied - though I'm not sure if that counts as a "tv dinner".

All the ones that come in that steamer type double bowl with the noodles on top are pretty good.

Edit: Also, anything by Marie Callendar's is usually pretty awesome.

The Zatarian's frozen meals are money. The blackened chicken alfredo rocks yer face.

:plus-un2:00000000000000

This is probably the best microwavable meal I've ever eaten. Got one here today for lunch and about 10 more in the freezer at home. They are great.

Blackened%20Chicken%20Alfredo.ashx

from a Hungry-Man One-Pounder Breakfast:

yucky.gif

top.gif

yummy!

(this is why I stay away from the Hungry Man One-Pounder stuff)

...anything by Marie Callendar's is usually pretty awesome.

this ^^

I remember the green peas in TV dinners as being outstanding. Science fiction green with a great snap to them.

Probably GMO, but recommended anyway.

yea - shoulda mentioned - the Zataran's stuff was a staple when I was in college

I enjoyed the Richard's stuff as well

and John Folse had a line of frozen food that I could get every now and then when I was at LSU that was also pretty good

The Zatarian's frozen meals are money. The blackened chicken alfredo rocks yer face.
:9: It's one of the few frozen foods I'll eat. Good stuff.

Also, IIRC, Zat made the stuffed bell peppers that I liked, but I haven't seen it on a shelf in a long time. May be discontinued. :sad:

I like the Hormel meals -- the meatloaf is excellent -- but the other ones they have ar epretty good also -- they had a pork loin in Schezuan sacue that was good also

They only carried the Zatarain's stuff here for a short while...I will have to check and see if they can get them back.

The Michael Angelo's italian meals are pretty good. The make individual and family. The eggplant parmesan is actually very good, for frozen. :ezbill:

My wife and I usually have one about once a month.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom