Favorite Unsung/Underrated Moment in Franchise History... (1 Viewer)

Checking back in to add the 2001 win over the then-St. Louis Rams on the road. Like a few other games mentioned previously, it gets lost in an otherwise disappointing season (given the expectations heading into '01). Down 24-6 at the half, AB and Joe Horn keyed a 34-31 win which ended with a John Carney game-winner.

It was among the top three comebacks in team history, depending on how you want to categorize first-half deficits. The other two were the '87 win over the Bengals and the '09 win over the Dolphins, both of which saw the Saints down 24-3 at some point in the first half. Both times, the Saints scored a touchdown just before halftime to make it 24-10.

Instead of a "unsung-underrated" moment, I'll add a "zany" moment (This is a repeat of a previous post of mine.):

When John Fourcade threw an INT and during the runback, the defender fumbled the ball, upon which Fourcade scooped it up and ran it back for a TD!

Just like they did it practice!!!! :)

(The last line is pure Sarcasm...)

I found this:

"One of Fourcade’s scoring passes was a team-record 82-yard play to TE Mike Waters who was cut by three teams in 1987 alone including New Orleans. Fourcade also scored on an incredible fumble return after one of his passes had been intercepted by the Rams, fumbled after three laterals, and then scooped up by Fourcade who went 75 yards down the left sideline for a score that makes blooper highlight tapes to this day. "
BUCPOWER.COM

Did Fourcade graduate from Jesuit, or Rummel?

:gosaints:

Strangely enough, another "unsung hero" moment was when Keenan Lewis (aka: "Westbank") came out to pre-game warmups with a bare chest (in sub-freezing temps) for that playoff game in Philly. The pundits said that the Saints (as a team from the South) couldn't play well in cold weather.

Westbank's actions before the game kinda set the tone!

Instead of a "unsung-underrated" moment, I'll add a "zany" moment (This is a repeat of a previous post of mine.):

When John Fourcade threw an INT and during the runback, the defender fumbled the ball, upon which Fourcade scooped it up and ran it back for a TD!

Just like they did it practice!!!! :)

(The last line is pure Sarcasm...)

I found this:

"One of Fourcade’s scoring passes was a team-record 82-yard play to TE Mike Waters who was cut by three teams in 1987 alone including New Orleans. Fourcade also scored on an incredible fumble return after one of his passes had been intercepted by the Rams, fumbled after three laterals, and then scooped up by Fourcade who went 75 yards down the left sideline for a score that makes blooper highlight tapes to this day. "
BUCPOWER.COM

Strangely enough, another "unsung hero" moment was when Keenan Lewis (aka: "Westbank") came out to pre-game warmups with a bare chest (in sub-freezing temps) for that playoff game in Philly. The pundits said that the Saints (as a team from the South) couldn't play well in cold weather.

Westbank's actions before the game kinda set the tone!

My name is VPCajun;

and I am addicted to Saints football...

(Thanks for the video!)

"Emotionally" I loved what Turley did for "HIS qb"!

But, obviously, it wasn't the "smart thing to do".

One thing that I don't understand is that to me, it should have been Offsetting Penalties and replay the down. Or does Unnecessary Roughness trump that ? (And how was it not Unnecessary Roughness on Robinson for his EGREGIOUS grasping, twisting and refusing to let go of AB's Face Mask?)

2nd and 3 from the 6:

Aaron Brooks left end for 1 yard (tackle by John Abraham). Penalty on Damien Robinson: Face Mask (15 Yards) (Offsetting), Penalty on Kyle Turley: Face Mask (15 Yards) (Offsetting), Penalty on Kyle Turley: Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards

2nd and 17 from the 20

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom