Favourite Saint (1 Viewer)

CanuckSaint26

Bring 'Em To The Dome!
Reaction score
Who is your favourite Saint off of this year's roster, and your favourite Saint of all time, they can both be the same person. Please explain Why, to make it more interesting

Personally, mine will always be #26 Deuce McAllister. I just love the way he plays the game of football, he combines power with the speed to out run corners to the endzone. He's a class act and always seems like he's willing to teach others. I think the way he has handled the drafting of Reggie Bush to truly be 100% class, taking him under his wing in some ways despite the fact that McAllister is basically still in the prime of his career. I have never seen an NFL game so it's not like I can truly know the person, as I am in a different country, but every chance I get to watch the Saints play, and McAllister in particular, I just love how he carries himself and how he plays.

My favourite McAllister moment was when he ran over the Atlanta Falcons safety Keion Carpenter and just trotted into the endzone, just summarizing everything I love about him as a runner, his raw power and speed, simply fantastic!

We Roll to 6-1 Tomorrow
Geaux Saints

I gotta go with Joe Horn, with Deuce a close second

honorable mentions:
Sam Mills
Sammy Knight
Michael Lewis
Kyle Turley
Tyrone Hughes

Now it would have to be Deuce on offense and Charles Grant on defense. Overall, Grant probably has the edge for me. I love his size, speed and the way he plays. You gotta love Grants story, especially the whole wanting to buy his mom a house and her only wanting a trailer story.

my favorite player on offense is probably Drew Brees...i always have a good feeling about him when he's dropping back the pocket...i always feel like he'll make a good, smart decision...something i haven't ever felt with a Saints QB...Roman Harper was my favorite player on D until he got hurt, so i'm going to have to go with Scott Fujita, with Freddy "Lockdown" Thomas, at a close 2nd...

my favorite Saints player of all time is Rickey Jackson...i was real young when the Dome Patrol was in full force, but me and my dad never missed a game (he worked at a restuarant and they got satelite there and he'd bring up on sunday's so we could watch)...now, looking back at videos of him and that defense, i wish i could have remembered more of 'em...

My favorite is Colston because of his story and plus he's awesome. How great is it to have a 7th round pick, a receiver no less, not only playing but starting and contributing big-time for a 5-1 team.

How can you pick...it's like asking who's my favorite cousin.

All time would be Archie hands down, not for what he did on the field but also in the community and his loyalty to NO. But you can't really pick just one. Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills, Stan Brock, Tommy Meyers, Willie Roaf, Darren Howard, Hokie, Eric Martin, Dalton, Sammy Knight, Pat Swilling, Morton, Conrad, Ironhead, - they've all made us feel good about being a Saints fan, given us hope that there's light at the end of tunnel so to speak.
This yr with very few exceptions I've got to go with the whole team. If you wouldn't have the whole lockerroom pulling together buying into Payton's plan, we'd have a train wreck. It's easy to say Coach Payton wouldn't tolerate that but the truth is there's only so many bad apples you can ditch and escape salary cap hell. If Duece & Joe Horn were crying and whining ME ME ME. where would we be. If Fujita, Shayne, Young & Simeaoux weren't team minded, would we look like the Saints of training camp. Thank the heavens for Grant & Thomas. The O line what a surprise thats been. Can you believe we actually got Reggie Bush, how unreal it that. Then we have Brees - how many players in his shoes would have picked Miami.

Joe Horn now and all time. Joe saved this franchise back in 2000 when he brought his swagger into town, and then everything on and off the field since. No saints player can say they had as much impact to winning and to the morale of a community than Joe Horn....JMO.

mentions

Wayne Martin
Deuce
Blake
o course Manning
Roaf
Jackson
2000 saints
2006 saints

Last edited:
If you're talking this year then it's Brees.

If you're talking favorite guy on this team it's Horn and then Deuce for their careers here.

If you're talkng all time, then it's Ricky Jackson, then Horn, then Roaf, Mills, Swilling, Morton, Knight, and several others that have been mentioned in this thread and many others.

Mikeee

Now it would have to be Deuce on offense and Charles Grant on defense. Overall, Grant probably has the edge for me. I love his size, speed and the way he plays. You gotta love Grants story, especially the whole wanting to buy his mom a house and her only wanting a trailer story.

Grant is my favorite player..... if you have ever seen the Mothers Day interview with him and his family you know why....... A very close second is Brees and Sean Payton

I don't have one sense Darren Howard
got away. But still is and always will be a
DIE HARD SAINTS FAN!!!!

right now Drew Brees cuz it all starts with the quarterback...all time craig heyward besides the fact that he was scary to try and tackle, i love the soap commercial

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom