Favre/media (1 Viewer)

Well I just had a thought about something Brett Favre said earlier this year.

He stated after the hot start for the Packers that he thought that they would be this year's Saints. Oh how truer words were spoken.

They get to the NFCCG just like we did. It is in horrible cold conditions (granted they are use to it and it was a home game for the Pack). They choose to practice indoors all week (like we did) the Giants practiced outdoors all week (like Chicago). They abandon the run early(like we did) and get pass happy just like us. The outcome for both teams....a loss and huge disappointment.

I can't believe that the Pack would not have practiced at least one day outside and you have a back who had two big fumbles last week to start off then reel off 201 yards and 2 td's and not run the ball more.

Hats off to the Giants..... but as I watched this game the more I thought I was watching last year's NFCCG.

i agree with you

you are correct 100%. i do not know why they did not run the ball?

He stated after the hot start for the Packers that he thought that they would be this year's Saints. Oh how truer words were spoken.

They get to the NFCCG just like we did. It is in horrible cold conditions (granted they are use to it and it was a home game for the Pack). They choose to practice indoors all week (like we did) the Giants practiced outdoors all week (like Chicago). They abandon the run early(like we did) and get pass happy just like us. The outcome for both teams....a loss and huge disappointment.

I can't believe that the Pack would not have practiced at least one day outside and you have a back who had two big fumbles last week to start off then reel off 201 yards and 2 td's and not run the ball more.

Hats off to the Giants..... but as I watched this game the more I thought I was watching last year's NFCCG.

Mr. Average wont be treated any different. This is what hes been doing for a few years now. He will still have media, and many fans, slathering all over him. He will of course, have a ton of "I'm thinking of retiring" conferences, and wiil probably be back for another average year next year.

Classic BRETT FAVRE!

I'm proud to be one of those fans still slathering over him. Just an awsome guy, not the statisticly best qb of all but denfinitley the funnest to watch. And that kinda is what the game of football is about (atleast for me).

I wonder how the media will cover for Favre since he threw that interception.

You know, you win a Super Bowl, hold most every NFL passing record, and help your team get to a game no one predicted you'd get too in preseason, you catch a few breaks from the media.

At least you should

you are correct 100%. i do not know why they did not run the ball?

During the regular season, the Packers weren't good in the rushing game but managed to go 13-3. They finished the season 2nd in the NFL in total offense, 2nd in the NFL in passing yards, yet 21st in rushing yards.

The Packers have had games like this all year and won them.They were 3-0 when they rushed for under 50 yds. 7-0 when they rushed for under 100 yds. 6-3 when they rushed for over 100 yds. The reason teams win is the turnover ratio. For the regular season, GB was +4 which put them in the top 10 in turnover ratio. And guess what,,, of the top 10 in turnover ratio, 8 of them made the playoffs. Who wins the turnover battle usually wins the game and that's what happened tonight in Green Bay.

I respect Favre the human, Favre the QB, but I do think the media goes overboard with him- see my 'Article' thread with the St. Favre article link.

I was rooting for the Giants to win so the media wouldn't go all crazy over Favre and the Packers, who I think are the NFL's version of Notre Dame.

Nevertheless, that was a good back-and-forth game by two great, historic franchises in BAD weather that made the recent Saints games in Chicago look like a balmy summer day.

I'm not a Packer fan, but props to Favre, Mccarthy, etc. for even getting them THIS far in the first place, let alone a home game for the right to go to the Super Bowl, considering where they were picked to finish.

Hopefully, now the media will be a little less giddy with Eli and Brady in SB media week and coverage.

I agree that the media does go overboard at times, but he deserves it. Favre stays with his team through good time and bad, yet some people will not miss a shot at bashing the guy for one bad throw. I'm sorry but he is as tough as they come and defines the meaning of the word leader. Yes he is one of the best QBs to play this game, you don't have to like the guy but he has earned the respect given to him by the media and all players in the league. Its sad to see people on this board bash this guy, have a little class please. I love how some on this board say throwing INTs in the playoffs is his game, well atleast he has a ring. Brett Favre gets it done and is still one of the better QBs in the game. Amazing how some people claim they understand the game of football but find they have the right to criticize a future first ballot hall of famer.

If Brees plays as long as Favre and stays healthy, he will shatter his records.

So an older QB plays bad for 3 years of his 17-18 year career, and you call him lucky this year? Favre has alot of mileage on those legs and arms and he still plays at a high level. Might I add he was in the top 4 qbs in all stats this year.

Because he's getting older doesn't make him a bad QB throughout his career. If you claim that, then Marino, Montana, Aikman were all terrible QB's :smilielol:

I'm glad Favre played like crap. There is a reason that he also holds the record for most int's. He's really not that good. I will say that he is alert on the field and makes strange random plays at times, but he is no way top 5 or maybe even 10 quarterbacks of all time.

You have no idea what your talking about. Not only does he own nearly ever QB record that matters, his TD/INT ratio is comparable to greats like Montana and Young.

You've either got some extreme bias or you just aren't very smart. Its laugable to say he isn't a top 5 QB of all time. Who is then?

Brett Favre is a legit Hall of Famer, no question about it. I'm not really a fan (he's a selfish teammate, IMO) but so what? No denying what he's accomplished.

What I did find interesting about this game is that the offensive strategy was to put it all in Favre's hands. They were going to live and die by Brett Favre's day and they died. At this stage in his career, why would you do that? When I think of Favre now, I think of Elway when he won his Superbowls. He could still get the job done, but he needed help. Favre's at that place, too. It was a mistake, given the elements, not to feed your hot running back.

You have no idea what your talking about. Not only does he own nearly ever QB record that matters, his TD/INT ratio is comparable to greats like Montana and Young.

You've either got some extreme bias or you just aren't very smart. Its laugable to say he isn't a top 5 QB of all time. Who is then?

come on guy...any QB that playes for 300 years should break all the records.....not many QBs play football for that long....i don't know who is top 5 all time, but do you realy think favre belongs there???

- and they held the Giants to early red-zone field goals.
- and their big play was an 80+ yard pass over the top of the corner/saftey's from their endzone.
- and the official was the same
- and it was january 20th (last year was january 21st)...
- and joe buck was calling the game..

ok, maybe I'm stretching a bit now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom