FB Brian Leonard for Rutgers (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
is great. And I want him for the Saints. If we had Bush, Deuce, and Brian Leonard, we might have to break out the old wishbone.

The guy has great hands, wonderful lead blocker, good tough downhill runner.

One of the problems i've noticed this season is we don't have a legitimate backup for Deuce. Aaron Stecker is basically Reggie Bush's backup, and neither can run downhill like Deuce.

So instead of a 4th RB on the roster, take Brian Leonard as a HB/FB. He can start at FB and slide over to HB if Deuce got hurt!

Sorry, i'm living in the world of fancy. I realize our top 2 picks are LB and CB, but I can dream right? :ezbill:

Brian Leonard, while talented, means another premier pick burned at a position that isn't hurting for assistance. If he slips though, and we can get him with a third or so, I'm all for it.. what's his status as far as projected draft position, anyway?

um maybe in the 5th or 6th rd, we have mike karney and he is real young, only 2 yr in the league......

I think Mike Karney is a great FB for us. I'd hate to use a pick on a position we don't really need when there are other holes for us to fill.

I agree the with Danchrism, he's a hell of a talent best FB(but with great offensive ability) in the draft and we really aren't hurting for the position, but if he slips, maybe, but its not likely, we have other needs....Personally I'd liek to see us pick up that boy from USC Rey Maulingua, that dude is beast, Poslowsky is a beast too(he might slide a bit because of injuries) and we may have a chance to get him.....

Also another guy who is a stud(not saying the saints should get him) is Zibikowski, he's already got size and there's a chance he could even convert to middle LB in the pros, kind of like a Urlacher, he has the frame(I think he's about 6'2) and the speed he' just have to bulk up a bit......

Karney is good, FB isn't really that big of a need for us. Not to mention we just re-signed him. We need to be scouting Corners, linebackers, and tight ends. But let's save these types of discussions for the offseason when we have nothing much to talk about, shall we?

Why not talk about it now, especially at this time during the week, everything is just recycled info anyway.....

What If We Have Like A Late 1st Rd Pick, And Adrian Peterson Drops To Us? Do We Take The Bpa, I Kno Im Gettin Way Ahead Of Myself But Still. What Would U Do?

and to be honest know is a time to talk about when CF is still going on so if one us see a guy we really like we can tell others and they can see for themselves, especially at this time of the year when everyone is fighting for championships and bowls and this is were the REAL players shine.....

A fullback would be such a wasted pick, I would curse in disbelief if that happened.....

What If We Have Like A Late 1st Rd Pick, And Adrian Peterson Drops To Us? Do We Take The Bpa, I Kno Im Gettin Way Ahead Of Myself But Still. What Would U Do?

hahaha, very tough question I honestly thought Peterson was the best RB last year, he just was banged up.........

I LIKE DWAYNE JARRET, IMAGINE HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF COLSTON, ISNT HE 6'6? I know we dont need WR, but its hard to find a corner in the first rd, i like taking a look at mlb, or dt, maybe even help out the o line too, but imagine if we had another weapon on offense, i kno ill get alot of ur r crazy, and it would be a waste bla bla bla, but i like the guy, and even tho we have depth at wr,rb, why wouldnt you take the best player still availible?
but i trust sean payton he knows what he is doing.....

Brian Leonard, while talented, means another premier pick burned at a position that isn't hurting for assistance. If he slips though, and we can get him with a third or so, I'm all for it.. what's his status as far as projected draft position, anyway?

I say late first round to early second. I can see Pittsburgh especially taking him if they have an early 2nd rounder. But a lot of other people are projecting him in the late 2nd, 3rd round so who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom