FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room: New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

I like all the picks except the ty montgomery pick, I like montgomery as a player but I believe 44 is way too high for him.

Good stuff though CEO, I enjoyed it. I really like the Rollins pick.

I like all the picks except the ty montgomery pick, I like montgomery as a player but I believe 44 is way too high for him.

Good stuff though CEO, I enjoyed it. I really like the Rollins pick.

'Preciate that TruSaint! Where else do you feel as though I should've addressed in this one?

If we got Scherff and Ray in the 1st , I would be smiling from ear to ear

'Preciate that TruSaint! Where else do you feel as though I should've addressed in this one?

No problem but, I think u did a great job. I really can't say what I would have done differently because when you were doing this there no way of me knowing who was on the board when u picked.

For example I guess, was breshad perriman or phillip dorsett available when u picked montgomery? Was Clive Walford there when u took funchess?

Do you see fun chess as a tight end or WR?

It's a solid draft that addresses plenty of needs.

The Quinten Rollins pick alone is enough to earn a high grade in my book but I have Scherff ranked behind AJ Cann in my guard rankings.

Most folks here would've likely had gnawed off their arm for a chance at the 2013 version of Ty Mongomery. He ran a pedestrian 4.55 at the combine but he has since shed 15lbs and ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Before he gained all of that weight last year he was a very similar player to Devery Henderson except with the added bonus of being a very good special teamer.

Ray has undeniable speed but will likely have to move to strongside although he is somewhat light and stiff in the hips.

Funchess can be another David Thomas.

Nightshade mentioned a guard from Nichols' state by the Name of Antoine Everett who runs as fast as Terron Armstead which really caught my attention.

I have to do more research on those last 3 selections.

I would've taken an extra receiver though.

LT: Armstead
LG: Sherff
C: Unger
RG: Jahri
RT: Strief

that o-line could be absolutely devastating. Cowboys like.

Armstead is very much like Tyron Smith, very strong and extremely athletic
Unger is also similar to Frederick, a mauler in the run game with above average pass blocking for a center
Strief is like Doug Free, an adequate, dependable RT
And Sherff to me just screams Zack Martin clone.
and if healthy, jahri is jahri, can still be one of the best.

No problem but, I think u did a great job. I really can't say what I would have done differently because when you were doing this there no way of me knowing who was on the board when u picked.

For example I guess, was breshad perriman or phillip dorsett available when u picked montgomery? Was Clive Walford there when u took funchess?

I took from his comments that he had Funchess projected as a TE who could line up wide. And frankly, if he is there in Round 3, that is an excellent value for him. I think in this TE class, if the team took him and played him as a TE(a la Jimmy Graham) he is arguably the second best TE in this draft.

I took from his comments that he had Funchess projected as a TE who could line up wide. And frankly, if he is there in Round 3, that is an excellent value for him. I think in this TE class, if the team took him and played him as a TE(a la Jimmy Graham) he is arguably the second best TE in this draft.

Gotcha, but if we are truly going for a more balanced offense I don't like Funchess as a tight end, he would be like graham, but even worse at blocking, I would like him as a slot WR to take advantage of LB's though. And I agree he is great value in the 3rd.

I love Clive Walford from miami, he is big, fast, can block and can catch. Best TE in the draft after Maxx Williams IMO.

Not really wild about this draft. First, I do love the Scherff pick at 13, but sadly, I just don't think he'll be there. Additionally, I think there will be better players avaliable with out other picks. I think if avaliable, the Saints will go with Randy Gregory at 13. Yes, I understand the off field issues, but this team needs PLAYMAKERS, plain and simple. Character is great and all but we need some movers and shakers. I think SP is gonna really come down on the locker room disruptors this year as well as the players. At #31, again we have to take a chance because we cannot allow this guy to go to any other team in our division, so we select Dorial Green-Beckham. This is the big WR with the nasty attitude that we need to get tougher on opposing DB's and has the speed necessary to be threat. At #44 due to what I see as a run on pass rushers, I can see us taking one of the top two CB's in the draft in Jalen Collins who could come in and start at the slot CB spot and take over outside in a few years. At #75 if avaliable and I think he can be, is Laken Tomlinson who will immediately challenge Lelito for the starting LG position and best case maybe even replace Evans who could be traded for at least a 4th round pick. #78, I'm thinking Ramik Wilson, ILB from Georgia, #148 TE Tyler Kroft, Rutgers, #154 DE Corey Crawford out of Clemson #187 OT Austin Shepherd of Alabama and at#230 DT Ellis McCarthy from UCLA. Just think this would be a more solid draft, but what do I know, LOL

Thanks! I think Montgomery is a better receiver (can play X, Slot & Z) than Perriman and Dorsett. Perriman is an average player with blazing timed speed not playing speed. Dorsett is better than Perriman but he has the worst type of drops. Montgomery's drops are concentration based, while Dorsett's is 'heard footsteps based'.

I see Funchess as a Slot WR. I don't think he has the speed or athleticism to play on the outside full time...and not 'physical' enough to line up at TE. That's why I compared him to Graham who was essentially a 'TE' version of Colston. If that makes any sense

It's a solid draft that addresses plenty of needs.

The Quinten Rollins pick alone is enough to earn a high grade in my book but I have Scherff ranked behind AJ Cann in my guard rankings.

Most folks here would've likely had gnawed off their arm for a chance at the 2013 version of Ty Mongomery. He ran a pedestrian 4.55 at the combine but he has since shed 15lbs and ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Before he gained all of that weight last year he was a very similar player to Devery Henderson except with the added bonus of being a very good special teamer.

Ray has undeniable speed but will likely have to move to strongside although he is somewhat light and stiff in the hips.

Funchess can be another David Thomas.

Nightshade mentioned a guard from Nichols' state by the Name of Antoine Everett who runs as fast as Terron Armstead which really caught my attention.

I have to do more research on those last 3 selections.

I would've taken an extra receiver though.

He's a very good player. Big man w/the feet of Gregory Hines.

I held off on another receiver b/c of Coleman & Jones on the roster

LT: Armstead
LG: Sherff
C: Unger
RG: Jahri
RT: Strief

that o-line could be absolutely devastating. Cowboys like.

Armstead is very much like Tyron Smith, very strong and extremely athletic
Unger is also similar to Frederick, a mauler in the run game with above average pass blocking for a center
Strief is like Doug Free, an adequate, dependable RT
And Sherff to me just screams Zack Martin clone.
and if healthy, jahri is jahri, can still be one of the best.

Getting Unger was a HUGE pick up IMO. More so than the extra 1st Rd pick.

Not really wild about this draft. First, I do love the Scherff pick at 13, but sadly, I just don't think he'll be there. Additionally, I think there will be better players avaliable with out other picks. I think if avaliable, the Saints will go with Randy Gregory at 13. Yes, I understand the off field issues, but this team needs PLAYMAKERS, plain and simple. Character is great and all but we need some movers and shakers. I think SP is gonna really come down on the locker room disruptors this year as well as the players. At #31, again we have to take a chance because we cannot allow this guy to go to any other team in our division, so we select Dorial Green-Beckham. This is the big WR with the nasty attitude that we need to get tougher on opposing DB's and has the speed necessary to be threat. At #44 due to what I see as a run on pass rushers, I can see us taking one of the top two CB's in the draft in Jalen Collins who could come in and start at the slot CB spot and take over outside in a few years. At #75 if avaliable and I think he can be, is Laken Tomlinson who will immediately challenge Lelito for the starting LG position and best case maybe even replace Evans who could be traded for at least a 4th round pick. #78, I'm thinking Ramik Wilson, ILB from Georgia, #148 TE Tyler Kroft, Rutgers, #154 DE Corey Crawford out of Clemson #187 OT Austin Shepherd of Alabama and at#230 DT Ellis McCarthy from UCLA. Just think this would be a more solid draft, but what do I know, LOL

I agree with you about Randy Gregory...which is why he went higher (#3 to Jags) in my Mock! If he fell to 13....Saints shouldn't waste time making that pick.

Gotcha, but if we are truly going for a more balanced offense I don't like Funchess as a tight end, he would be like graham, but even worse at blocking, I would like him as a slot WR to take advantage of LB's though. And I agree he is great value in the 3rd.

I love Clive Walford from miami, he is big, fast, can block and can catch. Best TE in the draft after Maxx Williams IMO.

Bingo!

I was speaking more along the lines of that Funchess wants no parts of the blocking department...a la Graham. As for you classic TEs, I have O'Leary (HB but can play inline), Koyack, Kroft & O'Shaughnessy rated before Walford.

Thanks! I think Montgomery is a better receiver (can play X, Slot & Z) than Perriman and Dorsett. Perriman is an average player with blazing timed speed not playing speed. Dorsett is better than Perriman but he has the worst type of drops. Montgomery's drops are concentration based, while Dorsett's is 'heard footsteps based'.

I see Funchess as a Slot WR. I don't think he has the speed or athleticism to play on the outside full time...and not 'physical' enough to line up at TE. That's why I compared him to Graham who was essentially a 'TE' version of Colston. If that makes any sense

He's a very good player. Big man w/the feet of Gregory Hines.

I held off on another receiver b/c of Coleman & Jones on the roster

Getting Unger was a HUGE pick up IMO. More so than the extra 1st Rd pick.

I agree with you about Randy Gregory...which is why he went higher (#3 to Jags) in my Mock! If he fell to 13....Saints shouldn't waste time making that pick.

Bingo!

I was speaking more along the lines of that Funchess wants no parts of the blocking department...a la Graham. As for you classic TEs, I have O'Leary (HB but can play inline), Koyack, Kroft & O'Shaughnessy rated before Walford.

excellent points, agree with everything you said just about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom