FBI opens sex-abuse investigation in the Catholic Church in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

This is the insidiousness of religion, that people will overlook heinous acts because of "faith". It cannot be disputed, that in fact the Catholic church is a global organization that actively aids, abets, and enables child molesters; IMO, that alone should be grounds for any reasonable person to run the other way; and that is just the tip of the iceberg with the Catholic church.

Any other organization that aids, abets, and enables child molesters, most people would like to see burnt to the ground.

And I am not saying you should denounce Christianity; there are other Christian alternatives that come without child molestation and abuse.

As for any good that could still be in the church, the late Christopher Hitchens once issued a challenge: "I challenge you to find one good or noble thing which cannot be accomplished without religion. It is impossible; you cannot do it. " To date, AFAIK, there was a lame attempt by William L. Craig to answer the challenge with "loving god", but you don't need a god in order to love. So the challenge still stands. And personally, I prefer good and noble things to not come with pedophilia and child abuse.
Religions that put faith and power into hands of men should be viewed cautiously. Men, even good men, will fail you.

This is the insidiousness of religion, that people will overlook heinous acts because of "faith". It cannot be disputed, that in fact the Catholic church is a global organization that actively aids, abets, and enables child molesters; IMO, that alone should be grounds for any reasonable person to run the other way; and that is just the tip of the iceberg with the Catholic church.

Any other organization that aids, abets, and enables child molesters, most people would like to see burnt to the ground.

And I am not saying you should denounce Christianity; there are other Christian alternatives that come without child molestation and abuse.

As for any good that could still be in the church, the late Christopher Hitchens once issued a challenge: "I challenge you to find one good or noble thing which cannot be accomplished without religion. It is impossible; you cannot do it. " To date, AFAIK, there was a lame attempt by William L. Craig to answer the challenge with "loving god", but you don't need a god in order to love. So the challenge still stands. And personally, I prefer good and noble things to not come with pedophilia and child abuse.

All of this…. AND they get to do it all tax free.. we need to start taxing the everloving ISH out of them as we’re bringing them down and imprisoning the perpetrators and enablers .

Last edited:
I'm guessing that Father McFeely, Father Fitzgerald, and Father Fitzpatrick will be getting re-assigned to a country that doesn't have an extradition agreement with the U.S.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom