FBI Probing A Double Stabbing Incident In Virginia As Possible Terrorist Attack (edited) (1 Viewer)

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. -- The FBI is investigating a double stabbing here Saturday night as a possible terrorist attack, reports CBS News Investigative Unit Senior Producer Pat Milton, citing law enforcement sources.

One told Milton the suspect yelled “Allah Akbar” -- Arabic for God is Great -- during the stabbing. Witnesses told police they heard the same thing, reports CBS Roanoke affiliate WDBJ-TV.
FBI probing possible Virginia terror attack

While officers were at the hospital with the victims, a male,subsequently identified as Farooqui, came into the emergency room with injuries of his own, authorities said. He met the description of the suspect in the stabbing, and further investigation by police led to his arrest, they said.
:covri:

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. -- The FBI is investigating a double stabbing here Saturday night as a possible terrorist attack, reports CBS News Investigative Unit Senior Producer Pat Milton, citing law enforcement sources.

One told Milton the suspect yelled “Allah Akbar” -- Arabic for God is Great -- during the stabbing. Witnesses told police they heard the same thing, reports CBS Roanoke affiliate WDBJ-TV.
FBI probing possible Virginia terror attack

It's a mentally ill natural born US citizen whose mental weakness was taken advantage of by radicalism through his religion.

It's a mentally ill natural born US citizen whose mental weakness was taken advantage of by radicalism through his religion.

Think you missed this part of the story.

A U.S. intelligence source tells CBS News Farooqui has been on the FBI’s radar for months and is believed to be self-radicalized.
That source says authorities aren't sure whether Farooqui is an American citizen.
The source adds that Farooqui tried to go to Syria earlier this year but only got as far as Europe, then returned to the U.S., and the trip is what alerted law enforcement to him.

Think you missed this part of the story.

A U.S. intelligence source tells CBS News Farooqui has been on the FBI’s radar for months and is believed to be self-radicalized.
That source says authorities aren't sure whether Farooqui is an American citizen.
The source adds that Farooqui tried to go to Syria earlier this year but only got as far as Europe, then returned to the U.S., and the trip is what alerted law enforcement to him.

I read that. It was the foundation of my hypothesis.

He was born here according to another article I read.

http://wset.com/news/local/police-say-roanoke-co-stabbing-suspect-yelled-allah-akbar-during-stabbing

sometimes, out of the corner of one eye, "virginia" looks like a similarly spelled word

neither word would be good for this story - but i'm less confused this way

FBI Probing A Double Stabbing Incident In Virginia As Possible Terrorist Atta...

This reminds me of that HBO documentary I saw where the FBI confronted a mentally ill Middle Easterner and plotted a terrorist attack with him. They were pushing radical views on him the whole time. Makes me wonder just how many of these cases could be attributed to the same thing happening?
It certainly does help push a narrative and keeps the budgets high...

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/the-newburgh-sting/synopsis.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom