FBI Re-opens Case of Infamous 1971 Skyjacker, D.B. Cooper (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've always thought this was a really interesting case; this guy had Les Miles-sized onions...hope they finally figure out who he was:

"The FBI is making a new stab at identifying mysterious skyjacker Dan Cooper, who bailed out of an airliner in 1971 and vanished, releasing new details that it hopes will jog someone's memory. The man calling himself Dan Cooper, also known as D.B. Cooper, boarded a Northwest flight in Portland for a flight to Seattle on the night of Nov, 24, 1971, and commandeered the plane, claiming he had dynamite.
In Seattle, he demanded and got $200,000 and four parachutes and demanded to be flown to Mexico. Somewhere over southwestern Washington, he jumped out the plane's tail exit with two of the chutes.
On Monday, the FBI released drawings that it said probably are close to what Cooper looked like, along with a map of areas where Cooper might have landed."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080102/ap_on_re_us/looking_for_cooper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

Last edited:
Good thing they (FBI) don't have anything else to spend resourses on other than a 36 year old unsolvable case. Yay big government.

Good thing they (FBI) don't have anything else to spend resourses on other than a 36 year old unsolvable case. Yay big government.

maybe you should have told them.......it was unsolvable.

I learned who D.B. Cooper was from Kid Rock.

lol....that's the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the name

"The grits when there ain't enough eggs to cook
And for DB Cooper and money he took
You can look for answers but that ain't fun
Now get in the pit and try to love someone"

Oh, Man-- I'ma hafta check that place out... The website says it's in "The Woodlands." I'm new to Houston-- but "The Woodlands" sounds like a super-exciting place with lots of nightlife that never sleeps... :hihi:

I was in the Woodlands recently and it is very interesting. It was a huge strip mall that is layed out and looks like the town square in Back to the Future. It is really freaky. It very time warpish except for all the rich kids in their bimmers cruising around.

I was in the Woodlands recently and it is very interesting. It was a huge strip mall that is layed out and looks like the town square in Back to the Future. It is really freaky. It very time warpish except for all the rich kids in their bimmers cruising around.

You didn't stop by to say hi? Geez. I would have bought you lunch or something. :dunno:

Oh, Man-- I'ma hafta check that place out... The website says it's in "The Woodlands." I'm new to Houston-- but "The Woodlands" sounds like a super-exciting place with lots of nightlife that never sleeps... :hihi:

Actually, it says it's "Four Minutes South of The Woodlands," which points about someone near Gunspoint.

"D.B Cooper money to go on auction block"

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- In 1980, 8-year-old Brian Ingram found the sole link to the only unsolved airline hijacking in U.S. history buried in the sandy banks of the Columbia River dividing Washington state from Oregon.
Brian Ingram was 8 in 1980 when he found tattered $20 bills linked to mystery skyjacker D.B. Cooper.
Now 36, Ingram hopes to auction the weathered bundle of $20 bills as the FBI launches a new effort to find the unknown hijacker who parachuted into the night after taking over the 1971 Northwest Orient Airlines flight.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/03/db.cooper.ap/index.html

$200K might have been a fortune in '71 but now it's the cost of an average house. I wonder how much this new investigation is going to cost? If it lasts more than a few days I bet it easily costs more than $200K. Another stupid investigation that will cost the taxpayers millions (don't get me wrong I'm not for letting criminals get away with it but at some point you have to let it go.).......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom