FBI unveils large-scale college admissions bribery scandal - high-profile arrests made (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. The cahones and greed of some people never ceases to amaze.

Wait, you are telling me that people will pay to get into certain schools and even more shocking is that schools would pay certain students/players to attend??

Shocked! Shocked I tell you!

8gCFrEm.jpg

Watching the press conference now. Astounding how much these "parents" paid in bribes and all the different scams used to get the kids into these so called "Elite" schools.

Wait, you are telling me that people will pay to get into certain schools and even more shocking is that schools would pay certain students/players to attend??

Shocked! Shocked I tell you!

8gCFrEm.jpg

they werent paying the school...they were paying the individual who made the decision to accept

they werent paying the school...they were paying the individual who made the decision to accept

Yeah, I'm not sure if my response is to be disappointed in their behavior, or optimistic that this is something that has gone on forever and the FBI taking it on is something new - and these schemes now come with consequences.

wonder how the NCAA will handle these coaches

Im REAL interested after what is happening to Will Wade.

This is going to be a great study in the "haves" vs the "have nots".

Any of the coaches named should be immediately suspended. If they plead guilty or found guilty in court they should be fired and banned for life from coaching or teaching at any NCAA affiliated school.

Yeah, I'm not sure if my response is to be disappointed in their behavior, or optimistic that this is something that has gone on forever and the FBI taking it on is something new - and these schemes now come with consequences.

The IRS is also involved since they paid the guy that ran this through a scam charity he set up and then told the parents that they can claim the "donation" on their taxes.

They said that the guy that ran this (Singer) has agreed to plead guilty to Racketeering charges. If true then he is likely rolling over on everyone else they are charging.

They said that the guy that ran this (Singer) has agreed to plead guilty to Racketeering charges. If true then he is likely rolling over on everyone else they are charging.

The indictments indicate that there are recordings involving some of the charged speaking with the cooperating subject.

it could be both really.

I get it being a parent myself...you want to give your child every opportunity to succeed in life. But at some point, you have to step back and let them find their own way and not interfere. Its how they grow character.

But buying your childs way into a school, when they dont meet the admission requirement, not only damages their self esteem ( possibly) but takes a slot for a child who truly deserves to be in based on merit alone.

the fact that the parents were able to "pay" to jump the line is disheartening in that they would actually do this knowing full well their child was not deserving of the spot.

i suspect a ton of "soul searching" will happen within that small community of givers. waiting on statements now. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom