FBI unveils large-scale college admissions bribery scandal - high-profile arrests made (1 Viewer)

you would have to step up your hoodie game tho...right now it is woefully inadequate
Wait. I have a Saints hoodie. But it's super big on me.

hF4AAB1CC

Reading the snippet of the phone conversation betweem Laughlin and CW-1 (likely Singer) makes me cringe. I mean I almost feel sorry for her because she’s so friggin cute but a total dumbazz.

This guy calls her up out of the blue and basically puts the hook in her mouth and sets it. She’s clueless as to what is happening:

“Here's a snippet of the conversation between Lori and CW-1:
CW-1: If you ever, ever were to say anything.

Loughlin: So we, so we just - so we just have to say we made a donation to your foundation and that’s it, end of story.

CW-1:That is correct.

Loughlin: Okay.

CW-1:Terrific.

Loughlin:Okay.

CW-1:I just wanted to make sure I touched base because I didn’t want you –

Loughlin:Yeah.

CW-1: -to all of a sudden what - like what’s this call coming from.

Loughlin:Okay, yeah. Okay. Totally. All right. So- so that’s it. So it’s - it’s the IRS. It’s not anyone from USC, it’s the IRS.

CW-1: That is correct.

Loughlin: Okay. Very good.”

That’s what I was thinking too. If you have real wealth, your kid isn’t going to have to need that leg up to get a good job - if the money is well invested, they’re set.

I think it comes down to the parents’ egos. They desperately want to be able to say “my child is at Columbia” or whatever. It isn’t even about the kid at all.
Not that I'm saying you are one, but there are people who believe that you shouldn't be able to pass on the wealth you have accumulated in your life to your kids because they didn't earn it. So there is that.

They just don't get arrested.

$70M. Woah. His grandchildren's grandchildren are already accepted into USC. Or it maybe UDRE by then. Dang...$70M. I just want to buy my daughter a horse farm that is <$1M and can't swing it. Man, if only I could make ryhmes and sing.

Quite a read here from Caitlin Flanagan at Atlantic:

Last edited:
Quite a read here from Caitlin Flanagan at Atlantic:

that was really good.

Favorite metaphor :

A successful first meeting often consisted of walking them back from the crack pipe of Harvard to the Adderall crash of Middlebury and then scheduling a follow-up meeting to douse them with the bong water of Denison.

That article smacks you right in the face with the true difference between the haves and have nots. Entitlement. Pure entitlement.

that was really good.

Favorite metaphor :

That article smacks you right in the face with the true difference between the haves and have nots. Entitlement. Pure entitlement.

It was a good article

Liked the Charlie Brown Christmas quote at the end

This whole country has a problem with feeling entitled. Rich people think its only the poor and poor people think its only the rich

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...cing-coachs-house-recruits-parent/3370033002/
After an investigation by the Boston Globe was published Thursday, Harvard announced it will launch an independent review of whether fencing coach Peter Brand violated the school's conflict of interest policy.
According to the Globe report, Maryland businessman Jie "Jack" Zhou — co-founder of iTalk Global Communications Inc. — became friends with Brand through his sons' participation in the sport.
In May 2016, Zhou bought Brand's three-bedroom colonial in Needham, Mass., roughly 12 miles from the Harvard campus, for $989,500 — even though it was valued at only $549,300. At the time, the town's assessor noted that the sale price "makes no sense."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom