FBI unveils large-scale college admissions bribery scandal - high-profile arrests made (5 Viewers)

What is the punishment for the universities that took the money?
Or the broker(s) that facilitated the transfer?

Huffman sentenced to 14 days in jail, $30,000 fine, 1 year probation.

If I was the judge, I would have ordered her to pay the tuition for a student attending the school her daughter went to.

Man he really threw the index card at her

Yes, though its about halfway between what the DOJ recommended (1 month) and what she asked for (no jail) and the money is about the same as DOJ asked for so, I think its probably a fair sentence.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Aunt Becky and others that did not plead right away.

If I was the judge, I would have ordered her to pay the tuition for a student attending the school her daughter went to.

There's a problem with that line of thinking (and I believe part of the reason that her sentence was so light). Unless I'm mistaken, her daughter didn't end up going to the school.

I think she only paid someone to fix her daughter's SAT score. I'm pretty sure her daughter didn't go to school.

There's a problem with that line of thinking (and I believe part of the reason that her sentence was so light). Unless I'm mistaken, her daughter didn't end up going to the school.

I think she only paid someone to fix her daughter's SAT score. I'm pretty sure her daughter didn't go to school.

Ah, good point, I was thinking of another case where the parents were bribing to get admitted and scholarships for kids who didn't need or deserve it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom