FBI unveils large-scale college admissions bribery scandal - high-profile arrests made (2 Viewers)

When Lori Laughlin gets before the judge, she needs to request that he/she—— “have mercy”

#UncleJessie

Last edited:

My first joke to one of my coworkers was that these rich people were lazy. Back in the day, their parents would donate a library or building on campus, and then their kid gets in. haha.

please ignore the political chat later in the video.

But Romney is smart.. he's not spitting on the cake.

Unrelated, but kind of relates.

Tuition is so high, people who got in are turning to sugar daddies for help.

Ha.
I'll admit it's tempting, but I still will never move to Florida.

I fully expect to see "bribes" to get kids into school. I am not shocked by that. I do have a real problem with the way the ACT and SAT scores were changed and the proctors allowed others to take the test for the students. My daughter had good grades in high school, but has always had trouble with standardized tests (it is her Achilles heel). She didn't do terrible, but she didn't do great either. That kept her out of the "top tier" schools. Instead, she went to University of Texas San Antonio and graduated toss custard laude double major in Psychology and English and was President of the English Honors Society at UTSA. She is now in her masters program at George Washington University.

I say this to first, brag. Second, I mention it to show what a complete scam the ACT and SAT are. They are supposed to be "predictors" of how a student will do in school. According to the SAT, my daughter should have been a "B" student. It doesn't predict a damn thing. Now, you see that their precious scores are easily manipulated and are outright for sale. High schools and colleges need to re-think the standardize testing, or at least their importance. It is a scam from beginning (hey take these prep-courses) all the way to just paying for the scores you want.

Last edited:
I fully expect to see "bribes" to get kids into school. I am not shocked by that. I do have a real problem with the way the ACT and SAT scores were changed and the proctors allowed others to take the test for the students. My daughter had good grades in high school, but has always had trouble with standardized tests (it is her Achilles heal). She didn't do terrible, but she didn't do great either. That kept her out of the "top tier" schools. Instead, she went to University of Texas San Antonio and graduated toss custard laude double major in Psychology and English and was President of the English Honors Society at UTSA. She is now in her masters program at George Washington University.

I say this to first, brag. Second, I mention it to show what a complete scam the ACT and SAT are. They are supposed to be "predictors" of how a student will do in school. According to the SAT, my daughter should have been a "B" student. It doesn't predict a damn thing. Now, you see that their precious scores are easily manipulated and are outright for sale. High schools and colleges need to re-think the standardize testing, or at least their importance. It is a scam from beginning (hey take these prep-courses) all the way to just paying for the scores you want.

Other than bragging, this also demonstrates a point that I've been making for years. And that's that it doesn't matter what school you go to (within reason) if you graduate at the top of your class you'll have the opportunity to be successful in your career. Sure, the bottom 10% of Harvard grads will do a lot better than the bottom 10% of UTEP or whatever, but if you're in the top 5%, you're going to have a chance to excel. Go where you'll have the best chance to excel academically and the rest will follow.

And that must be a really cool feeling to see your child excel. I hope to have the same opportunity someday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom