Fear is Rankins is done for the year (1 Viewer)

Glass is half full or half empty? Seems half empty to me tonight. Good thing is we are still fairly deep in our DL
Alright I'll bite... the rotation of Trey Hendrickson, Mario Edwards, Carl Granderson, Shy Tuttle, and David Onyemeta will step up and play inspired Football going down the stretch under the tutelage of Ryan Nielson who will have them ready to play.

and who knows Taylor Stallworth, or Mitch Loewen might possibly get called up again to the active Roster there's a reason they chose to stay on the Saints practice squad despite having offers to be on other teams rosters.

(I am usually pretty negative when these types of things happen) Davenport really, really hurts as he was starting to come on... but sadly Rankins had not been the player we had come to expect from him this season and never looked truly right at all this season, played lighter than usual, didn't have much first step explosion.

whatever happened to Rankins happened right before halftime

Steve Geller (Saints radio sideline reporter) said Rankins didn't return to the field out of the halftime break and that was the 1st time they really knew something was up with him
I honestly didn't even realize Rankins was out of the game.

I don ‘t think Rankins is fully recovered from the Achilles injury. He really hasn’t been much of a factor this year.
I didn't mean it as an insult. I just meant, I didn't see him get hurt. I missed it.

Yes, Davenport was coming on. Young man has foot issues, he had surgery last year too. I agree Shy Tuttle has been playing better than Rankins. Honestly, Rankins is a good guy but I don’t think we should resign him to a big deal. He has only played one full season for us and he hasn’t turned into the All Pro type of player a lot thought he would (of course that’s prob b/c of the injuries).
He was definitely AllPro level last year, but I agree that he missed too much time and he’s not the same this year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom