TV Fear (the walking dead) s4+ (2 Viewers)

Wisco Steve

WI 3/4 FL 1/4
Reaction score
Seemed to be enough interest in the S8 TWD thread to have discussion on the TV spinoff. S1 and S2 were pretty slow, but did a decent jorb finally producing a couple 'care about' characters. S3 was close to very good imo and finally hit a stride with pace.

Now it's almost like a totally new series based off the best characters and a bunch of new and mostly interesting folks--primarily crossover TWD original Morgan Jones. The first ep introduced most of new group and the second showed where Madison, Strand, Nick and Alicia have been most recently. Loved the ballpark as base idea.

Kinda weird feeling that I actually look forward to Sun nights more than I did for all of last season of TWD...

Yes, FTWD has definitely stepped up its game. It took a while, but I expect this season and at least a couple more to be solid before the eventual downward turn takes place.

Add me to the list of people that are all of a sudden interested in this show. Last nights ending was quite surprising. I would have considered his character untouchable.

I could not stand that character... I was like YES!

Man that was a legit GREAT episode last night. Had zero idea that was coming, even though they laid out some kinda heavy handed clues...
I liked the character, I thought he and Morgan could have really helped each other, the parallels of an addict and mentally unhinged Morgan were rather interesting.

I haven't seen last nights episode yet (Ash vs Evil Dead and Westworld took priority), so I appreciate the spoiler free commentary, but as far as killing off annoying characters, getting rid of Chris and Travis made for a huge improvement.

FTWD has surpased TWD for me. I've enjoyed the entire series, but last season was really good and this season has started out great as well. I'm looking forward to Sunday nights more now than before.

The show has gotten better. On talking dead they said that the reason they killed the character off was because the person wanted to be killed off to do another project.

Better than bringing someone else to assume the role.

Finally got around to watching S4 E1, my god that was an utter piece of garbage. 20 min in before anyone says anything, 40 min in before anything worth watching happens, and we finally see the actual characters in the last min of the episode.

1 hour to see 7 minutes of plot. This is why TWD sucks.

Can't wait to see what these vultures did exactly, Ennis must have done something pretty big to take Nick from agoraphobic turnip farmer to cold-blooded murderer...
We also have yet to see Madison in current timeline, not that I think anything happened to her, but her reaction is gonna be interesting...pretty clear Mel and vultures are out there yet and being targeted by the group.

I have been watching TWD and FTWD since the beginning and FTWD has been way better, IMHO, than the past three seasons of TWD. The writing is horrendous in TWD thought I am weary of the new show runners. I thought Erickson did a nice job (sons of anarchy show runner).

side note: The 100 is a pretty good show if you can get past the cheesiness of the first season. The first 4 seasons are on Netflix.

Last edited:
I felt like last Sunday's ep was a bit frustrating...like a semi-misdirection. How much of what they said to Al was true, and it was a kind of unsatisfying conclusion. I like the flashback story telling style but they kind of missed the opp to conclude the Diamond story and feels like they might drag it out now? Oh and the -yeah will just dump Nick's body here in the hole from the weapon-?? Really, okay...
Still, some good stuff and action but hope they keep their foot on the pedal.

I felt like last Sunday's ep was a bit frustrating...like a semi-misdirection. How much of what they said to Al was true, and it was a kind of unsatisfying conclusion. I like the flashback story telling style but they kind of missed the opp to conclude the Diamond story and feels like they might drag it out now? Oh and the -yeah will just dump Nick's body here in the hole from the weapon-?? Really, okay...
Still, some good stuff and action but hope they keep their foot on the pedal.

I am just hoping it is not another dumpster Glenn issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom