Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (1 Viewer)

Y’all this is not good. There needs to be a deal by end of week or we become a 3rd world country.
Not that bad that fast, but 10% of the country will start having major issues...

Not really a 'fix', more so a 'punt'.

Not really a punt, it's more like the refs giving you a 5th down. I think most players and coaches would gladly take the 5th down to improve their chances of getting the 1st.

Y’all this is not good. There needs to be a deal by end of week or we become a 3rd world country. The ones that are ok ? What are you going to do when the stock market crashes to nothing? Congress needs to act now.

stop losses.
:idunno:

It’ll start getting ugly fairly immediately for a lot of people , but wont *really* be noticeable by most of the country til Sept 1st when over 10% (maybe even far over 10%) cant make their rent or mortgage payment.. I’d like to think somehting gets passed before then, but who knows?

It’ll start getting ugly fairly immediately for a lot of people , but wont *really* be noticeable by most of the country til Sept 1st when over 10% (maybe even far over 10%) cant make their rent or mortgage payment.. I’d like to think somehting gets passed before then, but who knows?

Maybe it has been mentioned before, so forgive if so..but doesnt congress have 3 more days to agree on something otherwise it will be end of September before any new relief measures are passed?

I heard IF it is agreed upon by the 7th of this month, we could see said relief by end of August which im sure most are hopeful for.

Either way, talk about adding insult to absolute injury if we can't get anything passed before September.

Maybe it has been mentioned before, so forgive if so..but doesnt congress have 3 more days to agree on something otherwise it will be end of September before any new relief measures are passed?

I’m not sure, could be.. i think they could call an emergency meeting after the next three days , in order to pass something, but IMO the more difficult thing would to actually *get* the money to the states and then onto the people who need it.. fortunately each state has the system built already to accomodate the federal payments for the last few months, but it’s not like Congress can just snap their fingers and the money appears... I think our (meaning the U.S. society at large) our saving grace is that we are in an election year- otherwise i honestly dont think anything gets passed, and we’d literally see millions more people tossed out on their ***es, kids starving in the street, etc.. The gap between the ‘haves’ and ‘have -nots’ , which is big now- would absolutely explode.

I’m not sure, could be.. i think they could call an emergency meeting after the next three days , in order to pass something, but IMO the more difficult thing would to actually *get* the money to the states and then onto the people who need it.. fortunately each state has the system built already to accomodate the federal payments for the last few months, but it’s not like Congress can just snap their fingers and the money appears... I think our (meaning the U.S. society at large) our saving grace is that we are in an election year- otherwise i honestly dont think anything gets passed, and we’d literally see millions more people tossed out on their ***es, kids starving in the street, etc.. The gap between the ‘haves’ and ‘have -nots’ , which is big now- would absolutely explode.

Even more than it has for the last 12 years

Yep.. I need to know more about exactly how the distribution works on a state by state basis but you would have to figure the Trump camp is seeing this as a nail in the proverbial coffin if it cant get done. As you mention, things are going to go from real bad to chaos level pretty rapidly. Hopefully for everyone's sake it can get done somehow.

Last edited:
What a sad state of affairs. They all knew when the deadline was. Responsible leadership would have had cares act 2 ready to go before the 1st ended. You just knew they were gonna fight it out, should've fought over it a month ago and had this ready to go now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom