Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
Folks. The government needs to extend this till November at least. I’m afraid America will go to a very dark place if we do not. The Economists all agree it needs to be extended. I’m not going to get political on this board but if we don’t help those that are still in need it is going to get really bad. High crime, riots, more protests, even a major stock market crash could happen. Pray Congress does the right thing and extends unemployment.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Whelp.. it's been a month. I guess we'll see how September Rent's do...

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whelp.. it's been a month. I guess we'll see how September Rent's do...

Anecdotal, but, a lot of people are moving out of the condo complex we also happen to be moving out of. I've lived there 7 years, and in any given normal month, there might be 2 or 3 units available for rent. Right now...15 that I know of are on the market, and I'm expecting more soon. Yikes! There are like 4-5 units with 100+ days on the market. It's a mess. We moved out because we're actually upgrading. We've long needed more space, and my current position is allowing us that option.

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Anecdotal, but, a lot of people are moving out of the condo complex we also happen to be moving out of. I've lived there 7 years, and in any given normal month, there might be 2 or 3 units available for rent. Right now...15 that I know of are on the market, and I'm expecting more soon. Yikes! There are like 4-5 units with 100+ days on the market. It's a mess. We moved out because we're actually upgrading. We've long needed more space, and my current position is allowing us that option.
From article:
“Washington, D.C. remained the sixth priciest market and similar to Providence, Rhode Island, saw rent drop 4.8%, settling at $2,160, while two-bedrooms decreased 1.4% to $2,880.“

Long term, DC has a ton of apt and condo units that either deliver this year or next. So much of the workforce in unionized employees now on 100% telework who may never go back to a desk. People are buying homes in VA and MD outside the beltway and saving a ton of money because commute time don’t matter anymore. I think we see rents either fall or flatline for the next two years.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can you send some of that to NO?
We had a brief rent dip back in April/May, but for some reason they’ve been climbing since

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom