Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (5 Viewers)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
Folks. The government needs to extend this till November at least. I’m afraid America will go to a very dark place if we do not. The Economists all agree it needs to be extended. I’m not going to get political on this board but if we don’t help those that are still in need it is going to get really bad. High crime, riots, more protests, even a major stock market crash could happen. Pray Congress does the right thing and extends unemployment.

OP
Reaction score
That's a fine take, but what happens when your money runs out? What happens when no one wants to work anymore? The same places that are providing your food, services, etc? Genuine question.
You have money in the stock market? What happens when it crashes to nothing because you did not take care of your own. You need to take care of unemployed .As for returning to work . When the government can prove to me it is safe again. A vaccine would help the situation.

Reaction score
You have money in the stock market? What happens when it crashes to nothing because you did not take care of your own. You need to take care of unemployed .As for returning to work . When the government can prove to me it is safe again. A vaccine would help the situation.
What does that have to do with my point?

OP
Reaction score
What are the government remedies that worked?
See New Zealand

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am fortunate that I have not missed a day of work. My sister in law has not worked in 3 months and makes more than I do. Again I am blessed to have a job but man I would love to stay home for a little while.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts are simple. A huge amount of all the trillions given away on this Covid spending spree have gone to the wealthiest in the country. Tax benefits that benefit the richest again. Fine, if that’s what’s needed. But, when it comes to giving Joe Blow his 600 additional bucks a month.... no. Can’t do it. Make him too lazy to go back to work.
Come on man. Really? An extra 600 isn’t going to kill the US when billions if not trillions have been Hoovered up by millionaires and billionaires.

OP
Reaction score
My thoughts are simple. A huge amount of all the trillions given away on this Covid spending spree have gone to the wealthiest in the country. Tax benefits that benefit the richest again. Fine, if that’s what’s needed. But, when it comes to giving Joe Blow his 600 additional bucks a month.... no. Can’t do it. Make him too lazy to go back to work.
Come on man. Really? An extra 600 isn’t going to kill the US when billions if not trillions have been Hoovered up by millionaires and billionaires.
Bingo. It’s called slavery. I’ll give another example.They have not even bothered to raise min. wage. It should be at least $15 dollars an hour in they kept up with times. But the problem is they still live in the past. We have a long we to go to get reform. The protests must continue.

Last edited:

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We shouldn't be printing trillions of dollars to give to them, either. The feds are literally stealing our wealth without ever touching our assets.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I am fortunate that I have not missed a day of work. My sister in law has not worked in 3 months and makes more than I do. Again I am blessed to have a job but man I would love to stay home for a little while.
I'm with you. I had two or three weeks without work and I was supposed to have a five week stretch. I saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to have that kind of paid time off. I ended up getting put on special projects at reduced hours. The guys who were laid off ended up bringing home more money than I did and they had all of that time. 😔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Headlines

Top Bottom