Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (1 Viewer)

That's a fine take, but what happens when your money runs out? What happens when no one wants to work anymore? The same places that are providing your food, services, etc? Genuine question.
You have money in the stock market? What happens when it crashes to nothing because you did not take care of your own. You need to take care of unemployed .As for returning to work . When the government can prove to me it is safe again. A vaccine would help the situation.

You have money in the stock market? What happens when it crashes to nothing because you did not take care of your own. You need to take care of unemployed .As for returning to work . When the government can prove to me it is safe again. A vaccine would help the situation.

What does that have to do with my point?

Has the government done anything to protect you from getting the virus? All they say is wash you hands and wear a mask.
How is that going?
It works great for almost every other country in the world. We refuse to even try.

What are the government remedies that worked?
See New Zealand

I am fortunate that I have not missed a day of work. My sister in law has not worked in 3 months and makes more than I do. Again I am blessed to have a job but man I would love to stay home for a little while.

My thoughts are simple. A huge amount of all the trillions given away on this Covid spending spree have gone to the wealthiest in the country. Tax benefits that benefit the richest again. Fine, if that’s what’s needed. But, when it comes to giving Joe Blow his 600 additional bucks a month.... no. Can’t do it. Make him too lazy to go back to work.
Come on man. Really? An extra 600 isn’t going to kill the US when billions if not trillions have been Hoovered up by millionaires and billionaires.

My thoughts are simple. A huge amount of all the trillions given away on this Covid spending spree have gone to the wealthiest in the country. Tax benefits that benefit the richest again. Fine, if that’s what’s needed. But, when it comes to giving Joe Blow his 600 additional bucks a month.... no. Can’t do it. Make him too lazy to go back to work.
Come on man. Really? An extra 600 isn’t going to kill the US when billions if not trillions have been Hoovered up by millionaires and billionaires.
Bingo. It’s called slavery. I’ll give another example.They have not even bothered to raise min. wage. It should be at least $15 dollars an hour in they kept up with times. But the problem is they still live in the past. We have a long we to go to get reform. The protests must continue.

Last edited:
I am fortunate that I have not missed a day of work. My sister in law has not worked in 3 months and makes more than I do. Again I am blessed to have a job but man I would love to stay home for a little while.
I'm with you. I had two or three weeks without work and I was supposed to have a five week stretch. I saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to have that kind of paid time off. I ended up getting put on special projects at reduced hours. The guys who were laid off ended up bringing home more money than I did and they had all of that time. 😔

I'm with you. I had two or three weeks without work and I was supposed to have a five week stretch. I saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to have that kind of paid time off. I ended up getting put on special projects at reduced hours. The guys who were laid off ended up bringing home more money than I did and they had all of that time. 😔

Without insurance/benefits?

o. m. g. i still make *too much", as a single male, paying more in credit card debt, hospital related, which allowed more time with my wife, i'm ok with that still, but, not eligible for anything? that debt is more than 2/3 my salary.

this system isn't just flawed, but 100% forked up.

i Iwork my arse off to pay off my wife's medical debt, only because "the best" md anderson was the greatest.

fork them and fork everything about them. what a crock of sheet.

those "genius doctors" did absolutely nothing. my credit cards say that they like money.

unless they diagnoses, perform surgery, you are basically a test subject.

i cannot stress this enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom