Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (1 Viewer)

What a sad state of affairs. They all knew when the deadline was. Responsible leadership would have had cares act 2 ready to go before the 1st ended. You just knew they were gonna fight it out, should've fought over it a month ago and had this ready to go now.

Dude we are all pawns in their power struggle

If people actually paid more attention to actions instead of rhetoric they would see it

What a sad state of affairs. They all knew when the deadline was. Responsible leadership would have had cares act 2 ready to go before the 1st ended. You just knew they were gonna fight it out, should've fought over it a month ago and had this ready to go now.
They really don't care. It's all about getting re-elected to keep the cash cow flowing. "Our" bought-and-paid-for legislators can't see it from their homes. Legislators are safe in the 175K-minimum jobs with cushy healthcare and unassailable pensions.

If they do manage to get something done, watch all the back-slapping and self-congratulating in which they engage. Sickening.

Let it get much worse and a revolution is coming that will make the latest social unrest look like a Girl Scout meeting.

They really don't care. It's all about getting re-elected to keep the cash cow flowing. "Our" bought-and-paid-for legislators can't see it from their homes. Legislators are safe in the 175K-minimum jobs with cushy healthcare and unassailable pensions.

If they do manage to get something done, watch all the back-slapping and self-congratulating in which they engage. Sickening.

Let it get much worse and a revolution is coming that will make the latest social unrest look like a Girl Scout meeting.

5e213239-fdb3-42ac-91ee-527edd88515c_text.gif

So it appears unless you're furloughed, you need to start filling out 3 applications per week to claim unemployment benefits in Louisiana again. The deferrement ended.

Well, while the House bill is likely too far fetched, they did put it out there months ago. I think the other side was still holding out hope that it wouldn't get that bad and would get better.. and they are just ignoring reality.

Well, while the House bill is likely too far fetched, they did put it out there months ago. I think the other side was still holding out hope that it wouldn't get that bad and would get better.. and they are just ignoring reality.

And that is when negotiations should have started. Instead, the Senate acted exactly as you described... Held onto the notion that by July things would be back to normal just like their leader.

And here we are.

And that is when negotiations should have started. Instead, the Senate acted exactly as you described... Held onto the notion that by July things would be back to normal just like their leader.

And here we are.

I think there was a false sense of security. They believed the economy would be humming by this time. They were publicly saying it at the time. This is the problem with all the profiteering on slanted news and fake information flying around. It has real consequences.

Just dunno how any rational person thought we'd be back to business as usual before a safe and effective vaccine was out. I also realize we're not dealing with rational people.

You're assume they're rational.

Looks like talks have stalled yet again

So it appears unless you're furloughed, you need to start filling out 3 applications per week to claim unemployment benefits in Louisiana again. The deferrement ended.

That will go swimmingly for people like my wife who is staying home with our 6 year old while we attempt virtual schooling.

Like I said earlier. Same people that are shutting down jobs are telling you to get a job. Secondly who is going to check and verify these job applications by the thousands when they don’t even answer the help hotline? The Louisiana Workforce Office also is still locked shut. How about making them open up the office J.B.E. If we have to fill out 3 applications for 90 bucks at least you could open up the office.

What if the unemployment recepiant does not have Internet access? It is my understanding that could certify weekly by robocall but what about the applications ? Do that want that mailed with all the other junk each freaking week?

Trumps Exec. Order calls for 400$ extra in unemployment benefits.

Not sure if he can actually do this, but it always made the most sense. If one side wanted $200, and the other wanted $600, call it $400 and buy some time to go to a % method if that’s what you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom