Federal Unemployment set to expire July 31? (2 Viewers)

It seems LA has deferred the proof of job search again. At least for this week.

where did you see that? That isn't how its working on the site. Job search has been re implemented for two weeks now.

They was Sen Cassidy explained it this morning, the state portion of 25 percent will allow money already being given to individuals to count toward the 100 dollars so we didn't have to come up with any new state money. However, that does help with the fact that if the money runs out it doesn't matter who pays what. And even if the state doesn't run out, the FEMA money won't last more than 5 weeks or so.

where did you see that? That isn't how its working on the site. Job search has been re implemented for two weeks now.

They was Sen Cassidy explained it this morning, the state portion of 25 percent will allow money already being given to individuals to count toward the 100 dollars so we didn't have to come up with any new state money. However, that does help with the fact that if the money runs out it doesn't matter who pays what. And even if the state doesn't run out, the FEMA money won't last more than 5 weeks or so.
I have two family members who had to put in job searches last week when it was re-instated. When they filed on Monday of this week, it didn't direct them to put in a work search. Maybe it was a one-day glitch. No clue, but they didn't have to put in a work search this week and got approved.

Supposedly, it's a random percentage.

Whelp.. it's been a month. I guess we'll see how September Rent's do...

Last edited:
Whelp.. it's been a month. I guess we'll see how September Rent's do...

Anecdotal, but, a lot of people are moving out of the condo complex we also happen to be moving out of. I've lived there 7 years, and in any given normal month, there might be 2 or 3 units available for rent. Right now...15 that I know of are on the market, and I'm expecting more soon. Yikes! There are like 4-5 units with 100+ days on the market. It's a mess. We moved out because we're actually upgrading. We've long needed more space, and my current position is allowing us that option.

Anecdotal, but, a lot of people are moving out of the condo complex we also happen to be moving out of. I've lived there 7 years, and in any given normal month, there might be 2 or 3 units available for rent. Right now...15 that I know of are on the market, and I'm expecting more soon. Yikes! There are like 4-5 units with 100+ days on the market. It's a mess. We moved out because we're actually upgrading. We've long needed more space, and my current position is allowing us that option.

From article:
“Washington, D.C. remained the sixth priciest market and similar to Providence, Rhode Island, saw rent drop 4.8%, settling at $2,160, while two-bedrooms decreased 1.4% to $2,880.“

Long term, DC has a ton of apt and condo units that either deliver this year or next. So much of the workforce in unionized employees now on 100% telework who may never go back to a desk. People are buying homes in VA and MD outside the beltway and saving a ton of money because commute time don’t matter anymore. I think we see rents either fall or flatline for the next two years.

Can you send some of that to NO?
We had a brief rent dip back in April/May, but for some reason they’ve been climbing since

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom