Feinstein's anti gun bill in committee today, Call your senator!!! (moved) (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here come the gun grabbers!

TODAY, the Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing on Senator Dianne Feinstein's anti-gun bill...which would BAN millions of commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and BAN ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds.
YOUR SENATORS NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

Please call both of your Senators today at (202) 224-3121 and tell them to OPPOSE the Feinstein Gun Grab bill.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

TODAY, the Senate Judiciary Committee is holding a hearing on Senator Dianne Feinstein's anti-gun bill...which would BAN millions of commonly owned semi-automatic firearms and BAN ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds.

Please call both of your Senators today at (202) 224-3121 and tell them to OPPOSE the Feinstein Gun Grab bill.
Thanks for the heads up. I will forward this to all my friends. Thank you, sir.

OP
Semper

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I know all about the PD board, however, many times members post on the most popular board to get attention quickly.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And then their posts get moved where they belong.

Basically people who don't go to the VG board don't want VG news/chatter. People who don't go to the basketball board don't want basketball news. If you're a huge NBA fan and it's important to you, should you post it on SSF and make a mod move it because you're excited and want more people, people who don't visit the BB board and don't care, to see it? You just make more work for a mod for nothing. Your enthusiasm is noble, just the posting literally misplaced.

OP
Semper

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the record Galbreath I gave you a green thumb. I have no clue why anyone would thumb you down for that. I really wish this board allowed you to see who gives a red or green thumb.

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd go further and suggest that, even on the Politics board, it's not particularly constructive to call someone a "gun grabber" because they want to have a discussion about maybe reducing the number of elementary school students that someone can gun down before they have to take a break to reload.

(In Feinstein's case, someone who became a national figure only because of a double gun homicide in her workplace.)

Personally, I favor reasonable individual gun rights, but that kind of rhetoric is not calculated to promote civil discourse.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the record Galbreath I gave you a green thumb. I have no clue why anyone would thumb you down for that. I really wish this board allowed you to see who gives a red or green thumb.
I think you can see who gives the green ones in your settings or messages. Never could find red ones, but didn't care much. Still, I red thumbed you because you called everyone who might consider reasonable legislation a "gun grabber" when there has been no, none, nada word about confiscation and, as such, your post is an offense.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the policy is to hide the red ones to prevent little rampage red thumb wars. Everyone can see everyone's green ones so you can see for instance that 90% of mine come from BTL pictures ;)

OP
Semper

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didnt cqll anuone a gun grabber. I actually copy and pasted that from my face ook page that someone post.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

MrEMann83

Very Banned
Reaction score
I'd go further and suggest that, even on the Politics board, it's not particularly constructive to call someone a "gun grabber" because they want to have a discussion about maybe reducing the number of elementary school students that someone can gun down before they have to take a break to reload.

(In Feinstein's case, someone who became a national figure only because of a double gun homicide in her workplace.)

Personally, I favor reasonable individual gun rights, but that kind of rhetoric is not calculated to promote civil discourse.
Ok. I've got my flame-suit on. I got 9 out of 9 green thumbs on a funny post I posted on the SSF, so I can take all these red thumbs I am about to get.

Before I respond, though, as per my post on the EE about gun-grabbing, I don't believe that Obama is going to send the military in to take our guns. That's nonsense.

Please provide me with the number of elementary school kids who are killed per year, and then juxtapose it with, say, the number of people killed by handguns that only hold 10 or so rounds. And then explain to me why they want to ban Assault-Rifles, and not handguns.

Then, tell me if all of this is being done in the name of safety, why isn't there legislation limiting what vehicles are made of, lowering speed limits, etc., since the number of traffic-related deaths easily dwarfs the number of assault-rifle related deaths (not guns, Assault-Rifles specifically), and it is in direct correlation to the material vehicles are made out of, and the speed at which the vehicle is traveling, as well as the consumption of alcohol.

On top of that, 2/3 of all gun-related deaths in the US are from suicide, and 99% of them are performed with a gun OTHER than an Assault-Rifle. http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...ing-suicide/xeWBHDHEvvagfkRlU3CfZJ/story.html

Also, here is another link to back my 2/3 comment up: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

Total gun deaths last year were over 32k, almost 20k were suicides. Im no math major but...

So why the push to ban Assault-Rifles?

However, according to the Wall Street Journal, a whopping 49% of homicides per year are committed by handguns, yet no focus to ban those.

There are more smoke related deaths, alcohol related deaths, prescription-pill related deaths, mal-practice related deaths, suicide with handguns, obesity-related deaths, healthcare accidents, etc.

So again, I ask, why the focus on Assault rifles if it's in the name of safety?

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Go do your own research. And all these "talking points" you want to discuss have been beaten to death like a red headed goat demon.

And no way in hell are two thirds of gun deaths in the US suicides. You're making **** up.

Jimbo

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If a right is limited in any way, it has been infringed, and it matters not if the courts uphold the law, it is a violation of our rights. You can argue otherwise, but the facts state that it is our right to own weapons, with no mention of any limits as to the type, number of rounds fired, or whether they be single shot, semi-automatic, or fully automatic weapons as such carried by a standing army. So yes, our Second Amendment is well under way to being completely annihilated by government.

lades

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I will call both my senators tomorrow and ask them to fully SUPPORT the assault weapons bill and the one for smaller magazines... It's time for a little common sense sanity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom