Fellow WhoDats going to the game (or any future game) it's a good idea to wear earplugs for hearing protection. (1 Viewer)

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Exposure to 85 decibels for more than eight hours could lead to permanent hearing loss. NFL games are louder. Each time the noise level increases by three decibels, the recommended exposure time is cut in half.

Cheering fans at any NFL games can push levels well into the hundreds (nevermind the Super Dome which easily surpasses this). At these levels, it only takes between 1 and 15 minutes for the sound to damage your ears.

I advise all of you to think about wearing earplugs when you go to a game. The cheapo $0.05 ones protect your hearing when inserted properly. After going to games and concerts with no protection, my hearing is kind of messed up probably worse than I realize.

We always bring them for the kids, but I don't use them

What in the world are you talking about? What Saints game has ever been played for 8 hours??

OP is correct. There are also ear plugs that "turn the volume down" as opposed to just blocking sound and distorting sound quality. I've used these at some very loud rock concerts.

That being said, I'm 29 now and definitely have tinnitus (ringing) from years of playing loud guitar and blasting music every time I drive. The loud experience of a game or concert definitely gives you that surreal high that isn't quite the same with earplugs though...

Be smart and wear them I say, even though most will prob disagree with me. It sure is annoying when it's quiet and I hear ringing though

It's only smart to actually care about your health. I'd definitely bring them for my kids if I had any and would think about wearing them myself

I'm actually shocked my hearing is as good as it is when I blast my earphones all the time. I need to stop doing that..

OP is correct. There are also ear plugs that "turn the volume down" as opposed to just blocking sound and distorting sound quality. I've used these at some very loud rock concerts.

That being said, I'm 29 now and definitely have tinnitus (ringing) from years of playing loud guitar and blasting music every time I drive. The loud experience of a game or concert definitely gives you that surreal high that isn't quite the same with earplugs though...

Be smart and wear them I say, even though most will prob disagree with me. It sure is annoying when it's quiet and I hear ringing though

I have buddies that play in bands and the ones who didn't wear earplugs really have a hard time when they are in quiet areas and trying to sleep. A drummer friend of mine his band played with back tracks(?) so he wore headphones and hes thankful because it might have saved some of his hearing.

Grounds crew at airports wear earpro and an NFL stadium especially the superdome can get as loud as an airport tarmac at some points.

I live in apt. complex and have noisy neighbors but I find using foam earplugs works really well. You can find these at drugs stores and even dollar stores.

I like in apt. complex and have noisy neighbors but I find using foam earplugs works really well. You can find these at drugs stores and even dollar stores.

I've been wearing ear filters (called "Hearos" and also the Etymotic Research ones like $20). Crisp clear sound that keeps the loudness of the game or show intact but drowns out the high ends so your ears don't become affected. It's a small price to pay for sparing yourself irreversible tinnitus and hearing loss.

Hearing damage adds up over the years. Put another way, it doesn't matter if you only go to 1 game or show every year - if you went to TONS of shows when you were younger, your ears will still feel the cumulative effects from going to that one extra game/show. And if you don't wear ear protection, that football game/show might be "the one" to push your ears over the edge and give you permanent tinnitus.

You could also expose yourself to rain by being in an outside stadium. Getting wet could lead to pneumonia. Pneumonia could lead to death.

Basically you're gonna die and go deaf by watching the Saints.

Get in here, and watch the game with this guy. It's safe.

latest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom