Fergie to retire from Man Utd at the end of THIS season (1 Viewer)

Wilko

Eternal Optimist
Reaction score
Moyes (Everton) favourite to replace him. Somewhat of a shock. I guess it had to happen sometime and he's having a hip replacement in the Summer. He's being moved "Upstairs" at United so will still have a fairly close involvement in day to day business I think.

I equate Fergie with Torre. Both have all the talent and money they need at all positions. Most of these players have massive egos. Both coaches simply know how to handle that sort of talent and ego. It's not even so much as being a great coach/manager as it is balancing all those egos to perform in concert with everyone else. It won't be as easy as it may seem to just plug in a new coach/manager and continue such a high level of competition.

How many Fergies are there in the world?

Edit: nevermind, I found a list:

Fergie (DJ) or Robert Ferguson (born 1979), Irish DJ and former radio presenter
Fergie (singer) or Stacy Ann Ferguson (born 1975), American singer and member of the Black Eyed Peas
Sir Alex Ferguson (born 1941), Scottish football manager of Manchester United F.C.
Darren Ferguson, Scottish football manager of Peterborough United F.C. and former player for Wrexham FC, son of Alex Ferguson.
Barry Ferguson (born 1978), Scottish football player <-- This one?
Sarah, Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson (born 1959), former wife of Prince Andrew, Duke of York
Fergie Frederiksen, an American singer occasionally credited as just "Fergie"
Ferguson Jenkins (born 1942), Canadian former baseball player
Fergie MacDonald (born c. 1940s), Scottish ceilidh dance band leader
Fergie Olver, Canadian game show host and sportscaster

Easily the best manager ever. His trophy list from Scottish, English and European football is insane. To have went to Man U and taken them from what they were to arguably the biggest team on earth is amazing.

I would like to see Mourinho replace him. Would make for some intresting matches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easily the best manager ever. His trophy list from Scottish, English and European football is insane. To have went to Man U and taken them from what they were to arguably the biggest team on earth is amazing.

I would like to see Mourinho replace him. Would make for some intresting matches.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dat boy Mourinho bess be headin to City if Mancini leaves.

I think people don't realize his first ten years at United were not the easiest. While he built the club up from the ashes he almost lost his job in the early 90s. I just don't think a Mourinho is going to step in and keep the tradition going.

Ferguson had the clout to put people like Beckham, Renaldo, Renaldalihno, Rooney, Ince, and Cantona in check. I bet if you asked a MU fan whether they would rather a star player or Ferguson leave, they would let the player go, every time. And I would pick United over City any day for Mancini.

Ferguson had the clout to put people like Beckham, Renaldo, Renaldalihno, Rooney, Ince, and Cantona in check. I bet if you asked a MU fan whether they would rather a star player or Ferguson leave, they would let the player go, every time. And I would pick United over City any day for Mancini.

Who?

As an Everton fan, I would hate to see Moyes go. Having said that, he's proven he can field a well-coached, competitive team with little to no resources to work with. I can only imagine what he could do with an open checkbook at Man U.

I knew it was coming.

Changing of the guard for my Red Devils. I have known nothing but Him and Giggs since i began following them in the early 90s.

this sux, but it was inevitable.

26 years with one team has to be the longest in major sports, no? I think Sloan was "only" 21 or 22 years with Utah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom