Fernando Bryant anyone????? (1 Viewer)

He comes from cover 2 scheme.

Bryant signed with the Lions in 2004, in which Mariucci was the coach...I believe Mooch didn't run a cover-2 (I think he ran man). Bryant had to play cover-2 this year and last cause that's what their HC runs.

Still Bryant is 30 and injury prone (this year was his 1st full season)....I'd only sign him for depth and that's it.

If we don't trade our 2nd or draft a corner @ #10 we're screwed again !!!!

I'm pretty sure the 7th comment on the article just about sums it up:

"Thank God they released Bryant...I could never understand why they signed the slow, always hurt, midget in the first place. "

Bryant was cut from the Lions for the same reason Dry Bly was traded... he's a cover CB playing out of his element.

Bryant was a solid CB when he played for the Jags... teams didn't throw at him much... he played that into a huge contract with the Lions. Once Merinelli brought over the cover-2 scheme bryant was like a fish out of water (as was Bly).

I'd prefer him over Samuel simply because he'd be alot cheaper, and would have similar production... IF we can get some folks to get after the QB.

He would be a good upgrade if the Saints decide to take a look at him.

i think the saints went after a few years ago, haslett loved him. what the hell, bring him in we need some depth.

I say just go after any and all CBs. Use the ole "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" method. Nothing else has worked, so why not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom