Ferris Bueller Question (1 Viewer)

Why were Ferris and Cameron friends?

They seemed to be on opposite ends of the popular/cool spectrum

To me there are two possibilities:

1: Ferris is nowhere near as popular or cool as he thinks he is. He’s definitely the “cool” one of the two but no one else thinks that

The rest of the movie makes it clear, that Ferris is that popular. So that theory is out

2: Ferris and Cameron have been best friends, thick as thieves, close as brothers since kindergarten, somewhere around 7th or 8th grade their social standing began to change but because they’ve been so close for so long Ferris stayed close to him (to his credit, a lot of people would have dropped Cameron)
And Ferris was so popular he was able to withstand being friends with him (again to his credit, many would have succumbed to the peer pressure of ‘why do you hang around him?)

I’m sure if I thought about I could think of other theories but their friendship has always struck me as a bit odd, they definitely don’t seem like they run in the same circles

Friends are friends.

The issues Cameron's character portrays are typical high school stuff that passes as we get older.

I was generally one of the cooler kids in my HS class. At times my best friends may have been as cool or less and that fluctuated over the years from friend to friend. Some of them are far cooler now and got way cooler during college. Some who were cool kids are now absolutely not. Some kids were never cool, but were and always have been friends and I'm not sure friendship really has any bearing on who is or is not cool.

I'd like to think that longstanding friendships that form prior to social relativism tend to withstand it. Hell, as a little kid, I was certainly not the coolest, but I still have close friendships with a few of the folks I've known since Pre-K. Some of them were prom queens in HS or big guys on camps in college. Some peaked at 13 in little league and one was quiet and unassuming until the rest of the world noticed him about the time he sold his company for a couple hundred mil.

Cool is relative anyway and looks can be very deceiving.

(Cameron was also rich)

Friends are friends.

The issues Cameron's character portrays are typical high school stuff that passes as we get older.

I was generally one of the cooler kids in my HS class. At times my best friends may have been as cool or less and that fluctuated over the years from friend to friend. Some of them are far cooler now and got way cooler during college. Some who were cool kids are now absolutely not. Some kids were never cool, but were and always have been friends and I'm not sure friendship really has any bearing on who is or is not cool.

I'd like to think that longstanding friendships that form prior to social relativism tend to withstand it. Hell, as a little kid, I was certainly not the coolest, but I still have close friendships with a few of the folks I've known since Pre-K. Some of them were prom queens in HS or big guys on camps in college. Some peaked at 13 in little league and one was quiet and unassuming until the rest of the world noticed him about the time he sold his company for a couple hundred mil.

Cool is relative anyway and looks can be very deceiving.

(Cameron was also rich)
i am si high not sure 3 to hread is about.

Why were Ferris and Cameron friends?

They seemed to be on opposite ends of the popular/cool spectrum

To me there are two possibilities:

1: Ferris is nowhere near as popular or cool as he thinks he is. He’s definitely the “cool” one of the two but no one else thinks that

The rest of the movie makes it clear, that Ferris is that popular. So that theory is out

2: Ferris and Cameron have been best friends, thick as thieves, close as brothers since kindergarten, somewhere around 7th or 8th grade their social standing began to change but because they’ve been so close for so long Ferris stayed close to him (to his credit, a lot of people would have dropped Cameron)
And Ferris was so popular he was able to withstand being friends with him (again to his credit, many would have succumbed to the peer pressure of ‘why do you hang around him?)

I’m sure if I thought about I could think of other theories but their friendship has always struck me as a bit odd, they definitely don’t seem like they run in the same circles

Admit it...you were high as sheet when u posted this

Calspyder is a kit car company that makes variations of that beauty. Offers models with 300 to 560 hp. Wheelbase of 102.3 should make a relatively spacious cockpit.

IMO, Ferris was an original computer hacker who probably exchanged grade changes for favors throughout the high school community, hence his popularity. The fact that the only people who hated him (Rooney, Grace, and Jeanie) were pretty much universally disliked by all groups of kids probably boosted his popularity through the roof.

I like what someone earlier said that Ferris was the inner Tyler Durden for Cameron...totally makes sense.

giphy.gif

* I wish we would embed Yarns. We used to be able to on the old system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom