Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why were Ferris and Cameron friends?

They seemed to be on opposite ends of the popular/cool spectrum

To me there are two possibilities:

1: Ferris is nowhere near as popular or cool as he thinks he is. He’s definitely the “cool” one of the two but no one else thinks that

The rest of the movie makes it clear, that Ferris is that popular. So that theory is out

2: Ferris and Cameron have been best friends, thick as thieves, close as brothers since kindergarten, somewhere around 7th or 8th grade their social standing began to change but because they’ve been so close for so long Ferris stayed close to him (to his credit, a lot of people would have dropped Cameron)
And Ferris was so popular he was able to withstand being friends with him (again to his credit, many would have succumbed to the peer pressure of ‘why do you hang around him?)

I’m sure if I thought about I could think of other theories but their friendship has always struck me as a bit odd, they definitely don’t seem like they run in the same circles

1: Ferris is nowhere near as popular or cool as he thinks he is. He’s definitely the “cool” one of the two but no one else thinks that
Bingo. I spend that movie pretty much wanting to punch Matthew Broderick.
The rest of the movie makes it clear, that Ferris is that popular
It's in the script.
2: Ferris and Cameron have been best friends, thick as thieves, close as brothers since kindergarten, somewhere around 7th or 8th grade their social standing began to change but because they’ve been so close for so long Ferris stayed close to him
We all have that friend. My BFF and I both swear that it's the other one that fits that role.
And Ferris was so popular he was able to withstand being friends with him (again to his credit, many would have succumbed to the peer pressure of ‘why do you hang around him?
You know, there are some kids that are able to straddle all the layers. Like I said, I think Ferris was very punchable BUT he seems to have been innocuous enough to be friendly to ALL the groups.
I’m sure if I thought about I could think of other theories but their friendship has always struck me as a bit odd, they definitely don’t seem like they run in the same circles
I've always been more struck why Mia Sara was his GF.

Why were Ferris and Cameron friends?

Because it was fictional, and made for an effective, compelling film script .

As for those such as Marcia above who question Ferris’ coolness- i think it’s downright sacrilege , Ferris was the coolest movie character of the 80s, maybe even of all time, and yes cooler even than Marty McFly.

Bingo. I spend that movie pretty much wanting to punch Matthew Broderick.

It's in the script.

We all have that friend. My BFF and I both swear that it's the other one that fits that role.

You know, there are some kids that are able to straddle all the layers. Like I said, I think Ferris was very punchable BUT he seems to have been innocuous enough to be friendly to ALL the groups.

I've always been more struck why Mia Sara was his GF.

aabullllll.gif

probably because he had low self esteem, and Ferris knows he could manipulate him to do what he wants.

But also, when I was in High School, I was more in the middle. I had some popular friends and some dorky/nerdy friends. Some of my popular friends were still friends with my dorky friends..

Ferris was popular because of His personality, so everyone liked him, plus he had that kick arse keyboard.lol

he made Baby feel like she was in a corner long before anyone put her in one

1579383692914.gif
Huh. Now that I think about it, the entire Bueller family was pretty punchable. Mom and dad were clueless. And Jeannie? Hard to love a sister like that.

Because it was fictional, and made for an effective, compelling film script .

As for those such as Marcia above who question Ferris’ coolness- i think it’s downright sacrilege , Ferris was the coolest movie character of the 80s, maybe even of all time, and yes cooler even than Marty McFly.
You're trying to make me go Linda Blair, aren't you?

probably because he had low self esteem, and Ferris knows he could manipulate him to do what he wants.

But also, when I was in High School, I was more in the middle. I had some popular friends and some dorky/nerdy friends. Some of my popular friends were still friends with my dorky friends..

Ferris was popular because of His personality, so everyone liked him, plus he had that kick arse keyboard.lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom