Ferris Bueller Question (1 Viewer)

he made Baby feel like she was in a corner long before anyone put her in one
I was at least 10 years past getting that whole joke because I am so uncool. Now I can invoke it with aplomb, though.

both are stupid, that is what keeps them close.

put a car in reverse to roll the odometer backwards? i mean c'mon!

I thought it was clear that he was only his friend because he biding his time to get an opportunity to drive the car.
Yup. There was a girl in our class I dated for the sole (well not sole) purpose of diving her car; a 1970 GTO that would do 140. Another girl I dated had a Datsun 260Z but she wouldn’t let me within 1/4 mile of it :hihi:

I think they've been friends forever. I also think that you're underestimating Cameron's popularity because we saw him at a low point, going through an existential crisis. Cameron was and had forever been Ferris' partner in crime. Popularity came naturally to them but Ferris is the extrovert to Cameron's idgaf what these other kids think introverted personality. One feeds off of the popularity while the other ignores it.

Cameron has rich kid problems which totally blind him to all the things he should be grateful for in life. Not that one should be happy about being popular, but Cameron is probably in the inner ring of popularity at school despite being a killjoy the day the movie takes place.

...and he's actually sick, so you have to remember that as you account for his behavior.

Last edited:
I always kind of figured it was the second scenario, where Ferris is “friends” with a lot more people, and Cameron rides his coattails socially but is his real friend. I think that’s part of his entire motivation— he know they’re about to go separate ways so he wants to make an impactful experience with a lasting memory before that happens.

I think they've been friends forever. I also think that you're underestimating Cameron's popularity because we saw him at a low point, going through an existential crisis. Cameron was and had forever been Ferris' partner in crime. Popularity cam naturally to them but Ferris is the extrovert to Cameron's idgaf what these other kids think introverted personality. One feeds off of the popularity while the other ignores it.

Cameron has rich kid problems which totally blind him to all the things he should be grateful for in life. Not that one should be happy about being popular, but Cameron is probably in the inner ring of popularity at school despite being a killjoy the day the movie takes place.

...and he's actually sick, so you have to remember that as you account for his behavior.

That is a different take and possible

I like it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom