Saints 'Fess up: Which draft picks (in the CSP era) were way better/worse than YOU thought they'd be? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
There are a few of 'em, but:

BETTER THAN I THOUGHT: Thomas Morstead (in the '09 draft) turned out to be way better than I thought he'd be from a value standpoint.

DISAPPOINTMENT: I expected Sedrick Ellis (in the '08 draft) to be a world beater at DT. He wasn't a bust, but I was disappointed that he wasn't that dominant.

:gosaints:

Can Patrick Robinson get both titles? Lol. He was great in his prime not on the Saints lol.

Oh boy I remember watching Martez Wilson’s highlights thinking he was for sure gonna be a star.

Better than I thought: Michael Thomas for sure. I thought he would be a decent number 2 and not the best receiver in football.

Disappointment: Tons of these. Martez Wilson, Charles Brown, and John Jenkins to name a few. Thought they were all huge steals that turned out to be meh to garbage for the most part

WORSE: Stanley Jean-Baptiste: didn't know much about him, but he looked like Richard Sherman 2.0. Thought the scouts & Payton were seeing something big in the making
BETTER: Alvin Kamara--we traded a 2nd rounder to get a 3rd rounder :mad1:???

I thought Michael Thomas ran kind of inefficiently, like more side to side wasted motion. 😂

Glad I was wrong!

I'll play. As a summary, I've never been wrong about players I've been disappointed in their selection. The ones that I've been neutral or excited about have been mixed.

I'll just go with the Sean Payton era.

2006- Reggie Bush (my grade A+, outcome B+)
2007- Robert Meachem (my grade B, outcome B)
2008- Sedrick Ellis (my grade B+, outcome C)
2009- Malcolm Jenkins (my grade A+, outcome B+)
2010- Patrick Robinson (my grade D, outcome C)
2011- Cameron Jordan (my grade A+, outcome A+)
2011- Mark Ingram (my grade A, outcome A)
2013- Kenny Vaccaro (my grade C, outcome C)
2014- Brandin Cooks (my grade A, outcome B+)
2015- Andrus Peat (my grade C, outcome B)
2015- Stephone Anthony (my grade D, outcome F)
2016- Sheldon Rankins (my grade C, outcome C)
2017- Marshon Lattimore (my grade B+, outcome A)
2018- Ryan Ramcyzk (my grade A, outcome A+)
2019- Marcus Davenport (my grade C-, outcome B- (though this can change))

There are a few of 'em, but:

BETTER THAN I THOUGHT: Thomas Morstead (in the '09 draft) turned out to be way better than I thought he'd be from a value standpoint.

DISAPPOINTMENT: I expected Sedrick Ellis (in the '08 draft) to be a world beater at DT. He wasn't a bust, but I was disappointed that he wasn't that dominant.

:gosaints:
I was cursing about the Morestead pick. We had just whiffed on Melhaff a year before and was so mad they used a pick on another kicker. He's easily one of my favorite players ever.

Better: Coluston - I thought he was just a camp body
Disappointed: stephone anthony and Garrett Grayson - I thought they were going to be good.

I clued in on Stephone Anthony a while before even the combine and got excited when he performed so well...and I was ecstatic when he was our pick.

He just didn't have it upstairs. A car with a great engine and handle is meaningless if the drive that comes with it can barely parallel park.

Way better than I thought: Cam Jordan. I was P'Oed that we didn’t get Ingram. Obviously we then traded back up and got Ingram, but I saw Jordan as just a slow DE with a limited moveset. Um. I was wrong.

Way worse than I thought: Stanley Jean Baptiste. When we drafted him I was so excited I jumped up and hit my head on the ceiling fan and busted the bulb. He wasn’t worth the cost of replacing the bulb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom