Fess up! (1 Viewer)

ColGorgeSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Who else besides me had began mentally preparing themselves for a loss. I was already giving myself pep talks and preparing statements for the grief I knew I was gonna get from the less fortunate (non Saints fans). I was thinking two games behind Sh**lanta, but we'd still get the wildcard. When I saw Roy Williams running down the field, I thought, that's it.

Then. . . . . .

Malcolm FREAKING Jenkins!!! I could just see that strip coming as he ran down Roy Williams. He had the perfect angle. But them I didn't see the ball come out, and figured no, and looked down to read SR. Then I heard, "Saints say they have the ball." The rest is history.

How could I have been so quick to give up on the win? I was even at the Redskins game last year. Brees drives the team down the field like he's facing a high school defense. Winner! Dang!

We are never out of it with these guys. They know how to win. God, I love this team. So proud to be be a Saints fan.

Who else besides me had began mentally preparing themselves for a loss. I was already giving myself pep talks and preparing statements for the grief I knew I was gonna get from the less fortunate (non Saints fans). I was thinking two games behind Sh**lanta, but we'd still get the wildcard. When I saw Roy Williams running down the field, I thought, that's it.

Then. . . . . .

Malcolm FREAKING Jenkins!!! I could just see that strip coming as he ran down Roy Williams. He had the perfect angle. But them I didn't see the ball come out, and figured no, and looked down to read SR. Then I heard, "Saints say they have the ball." The rest is history.

How could I have been so quick to give up on the win? I was even at the Redskins game last year. Brees drives the team down the field like he's facing a high school defense. Winner! Dang!

We are never out of it with these guys. They know how to win. God, I love this team. So proud to be be a Saints fan.

I did because I live in Dallas and I know I was going to he martyred here for slamming the boys all season.

I turned the game off for 10 minutes, and relied on the gameday thread to keep me updated. I had to lay down too. I decided to put the game back on. As I did, Jenkins made that beautiful play. I said OMG!!!! Then when Moore made that touchdown I felt weak. My heart didn't stop until that kick went wide left. Yes, I was preparing myself for the worst.

I'll admit I was typing "Game Over" in chat when Williams caught the ball but Jenkins stripped him before I could hit enter so I quickly back spaced.

After I saw Williams catch that ball and run downfield. I jumped up and started banging my head against the wall. Then I heard Buck saying that it was Saints ball. LOL. Yeah, I was ready to admit defeat at that point.

In all honesty - yes. I was preparing myself. But then I kept reminding myself that I had told everyone we were going to win. I don't do that very often. I don't predict the games unless I feel it in my bones. I was beginning to think my bones had let me down. So all through the second half I'm going back and forth with myself like some kind of schizoid:

"This cannot be happening..."
"It's not happening! We're gonna win dammit!"
"But how?!"
"What do you mean 'but how'?! Don't worry about how!"

I was a trembling, wild-eyed freak by the time we kneeled down.

I had to go sit by an open window because I was hot under the collar. The Saints effect me mentally and physically.

I called game before the long Williams catch. I really didn't believe it was over. I was just using reverse psychology on myself. After Williams caught the ball and went down the field I knew it was really over. Glad I was wrong. Thank you Jenkins!

when we went 3 and out with 5.04 left in the game I realized i needed a wardrobe change... switched to my ragged lucky t shirt i wore for the Superbowl and my Drew Brees jersey and picked up my bible..and prayed like crazy.

When Dallas took over the game, preparing for the loss is all you can do. I still had a spark of hope, and luckily so did Jenkins.

Oh, absolutely.

That was all jenkins.

You watch the guy run to a 1st and goal filed position and what else can you do?

That was a great individual play to bail that out!

To be honest, I felt bad when we were up 17 zip in the first quarter. Saints always go to sleep after that.

I was trying to "watch" the game on ESPN game center (don't ask...family obligations that kept me away from a television)....kept seeing bad things happen, I had just about lost hope....then it suddenly switched to Saints ball, but way down the field. (I hate ESPN game center, BTW.) I had to guess what happened. Saw that Drew connected on a long pass to Meach, and then the TD came up.

Next thing I know I get a call from my daughter who is with her husband's family this year - she's yelling "did you see that???" Yes, sweetie, I kind of did.....with a big smile on my face. This win was awesome!!!!

Yep. I was already in "maybe I should think about everything else I have to be thankful for" mode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom