few day 2 defensive players to consider (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1) CB Lionell Singleton - Good cover corner , some character issues. I believe this guy will impress @ training camp.

2) DE/LB Erik Walden - Versitile player who can pley either DE or LB. Quick w/ high motor. This guy can get to QB.

3) DT Jason Jones - High energy DT who get in backfield. Plays stout @ point of attack and can get pressure up middle.

4) MLB Ezra Butler - Big player who can play sideline to sideline. He sheds blockers and will hit hard.

I would also throw in Justin King CB from Pennstate, but his soon to be outstanding 40 time might push him into the 3rd.

Most have Butler as an OLB. He would be a steal in the fourth. I like OLB Gatewood, CB Terrell, C Lichtensteiger, DE Gillberry, WR Jackson, DT Shirley, QB Santos, TE Sperry, S Adams, RB Lumpkin and the punter from Georgia Tech

I think the "impact" players we get for this team our gonna after the 2nd round.

Don't forget about Chevis Jackson from LSU, he's the best corner to come out of LSU. It'll be interesting to see how he runs.

I think the "impact" players we get for this team our gonna after the 2nd round.

I don't understand this? Granted I know you can find players in rounds 2-7, but your best chance of an impact player is in the first round. The higher you pick the more likely you are to find an impact player. I believe there are about 7 true day 1 above average starters. Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers, Macfadden, Gholston, Long, C. Long. After that you have a group of 4 or so that really have potential...mostly corners.

I'd take King or Jackson if they could be had on day 2. Kind had an excellent sophomore year, but for some reason his junior year wasn't quite as good.

I think with good coaching, he could be a stud.

Don't forget about Chevis Jackson from LSU, he's the best corner to come out of LSU. It'll be interesting to see how he runs.

And as we all know, that is the gold standard for all players the Saints are considering drafting. :lol: :lol:

I don't understand this? Granted I know you can find players in rounds 2-7, but your best chance of an impact player is in the first round. The higher you pick the more likely you are to find an impact player. I believe there are about 7 true day 1 above average starters. Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers, Macfadden, Gholston, Long, C. Long. After that you have a group of 4 or so that really have potential...mostly corners.

I dont mean it like you gonna find a first round talent in the 7th round DUH....but Asante Samuel was a 4th round pick.....and the fact that you named all these All American shows you believe more in the "name" then you do the production...Dorsey and Ellis arent the only guys who can sack the QB, there just the best one's at it...so everybody else not named Dorsey or Ellis we dont need to look at huh? dont let me get started on McFadden...runningbacks are a dime a dozen, Gholston and Long may be the best at there position, but there not the only one's who can play that position....they may be no names to you, but they will make a name for themselves in this league, just like every other 3rd to 7th rounder....we just gotta find them, before the other 31 teams do....and have done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom