FIFA Awards World Cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar (1 Viewer)

Yeah, but England made FIFA mad because their media exposed them taking money for bids, and Qatar gave money for bids, so.....

FIFA may get rich, but how will they rebound from the most poorly attended World Cup ever in 2022? I mean, alcohol is barely available there.

I'm really upset about this tbh. I was really hoping to see a another WC in the states : (. I was too young to even care about international soccer, when it was here the first time.

If they were worried about corruption then they certainly shouldn't have awarded THESE two countries. Qatar was just exposed through the wikileaks scandal as having been a chief financier for Al-Qaeda and Russia is... well... Russia.

That being said, I am very disappointed. Was hoping for 2 English speaking WC's in a row, England and U.S., would have been fun. Don't really care about Russia 2018, but Qatar could be cool for a WC in 2022... We shall see.

I just can't wait to see Qatar get that automatic bid and have to meet someone like Brazil and get absolutely annihilated on their home turf. That will be outstanding.

Qatar is smaller than Connecticut. Really.

Absolutely rediculous.

Corruption runs deep in FIFA it seems. I hope the British press dig deep and expose them once and for all.

We came 4th out of 4. FOURTH!!! After Blatter called our presentation "remarkable"

In the end, I can live with Russia winning, they had/have a good bid. But for England to come 4th with the strongest bid is scandalous.

And don't even get me started on Qatar.

I just can't wait to see Qatar get that automatic bid and have to meet someone like Brazil and get absolutely annihilated on their home turf. That will be outstanding.

Qatar is smaller than Connecticut. Really.

Absolutely rediculous.
They will be the worst team to ever participate in a WC, hands down. Actually, they qualified for their first WC today

Don't worry, the refs will still purposely screw us again wherever the World Cup is played.

There's also concerns about the summer heat in Qatar. Temperatures can easily run into the 100's that time of the year from what I understand.

Corruption runs deep in FIFA it seems. I hope the British press dig deep and expose them once and for all.

We came 4th out of 4. FOURTH!!! After Blatter called our presentation "remarkable"

In the end, I can live with Russia winning, they had/have a good bid. But for England to come 4th with the strongest bid is scandalous.

And don't even get me started on Qatar.

Sepp Blatter is the responsible for a lot of the rottenness and the general negativity that FIFA attracts. The guy is a corrupt baffoon and I sincerley hopes he gets his comeuppance soon.

I can understand the Russian win - Big Country, Rich, should be able to cope.

But the Qatar decision is ridiculous.

I was going to make all kinds of comments about ridiculously corrupt FIFA must be to award Qatar the WC, but then realized the NFL is going to host a Super Bowl in New Jersey.

Either way, it's inane.

But the Qatar decision is ridiculous. Not only was it described a "high risk" earlier in the campaign but since then packages were sent from their country in a bid to blow up some planes.
Wasn't that Yemen?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom