FIFA Awards World Cup 2018 and 2022: Russia and Qatar (1 Viewer)

I think a Qatar Airways plane may have been involved at some point. But I'm sure it was all traced to Yemen.

Either way, its ridiculous.

The 2 best bids were England and USA.

And with football slowly making strides in America, it seemed logical to give them another World Cup to further boost interest.

And with football slowly making strides in America, it seemed logical to give them another World Cup to further boost interest.
Not to mention the most-attended and most-profitable World Cup ever was US'94, and we didnt even care about soccer back then. Imagine how successful one would be in the US now???

Also, this made it on to Qatar's World Cup History page on Wikipedia for a few minutes:
60617_1357652041938_1850618435_686559_2345441_n.jpg

Not to mention the most-attended and most-profitable World Cup ever was US'94, and we didnt even care about soccer back then. Imagine how successful one would be in the US now???
Especially with the stadiums available to you now (Not that they were bad before, but they're something else now). It's take your pick pretty much, you can't get it wrong.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...but I truly believe England and USA would've put on two of the best World Cups in history.

I think the right bids won. Russia is a huge country with a love for the game that hasn't hosted anything before. England and Spain have had it before and the Holland/Belgium bid didn't look great. Most world cup players play for teams in England or Spain so it's great that people who don't get to see these guys play will get the chance to at the world cup.

Also looking at the Qatar bid, if they pull it off as planned it sounds incredible. They are going to air condition outdoor stadiums so the pitch level is a reasonable temperature to play in. Also USA, Korea and Japan have all recently held the world cup so it was only between Qatar and Australia and time difference and travel would make Australia a nightmare.

Ladies and Gentleman, Your Qatar Men's National Team

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LADLyirMMzs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LADLyirMMzs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Yet another month of sleepless nights.

I can see Russia, but Qatar is a strange pick. Money sure buys a lot doesn't it? I can't wait to watch the games at the Czech/Slovak bar and listen to them all screaming against the Russians.

will women be allowed to watch the game?
will they have to cover their head? can they show their arms?

Ladies and Gentleman, Your Qatar Men's National Team

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LADLyirMMzs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>
At first I thought Qatar was the defending team, and the "miss" was the goalie's flop (which, again, you can see the exaggerated "Oh crap, I just messed up, better pretend I was injured and try to draw a foul" flop)...but yeah, that wide open shot+miss was terrible.

At first I thought Qatar was the defending team, and the "miss" was the goalie's flop (which, again, you can see the exaggerated "Oh crap, I just messed up, better pretend I was injured and try to draw a foul" flop)...but yeah, that wide open shot+miss was terrible.
What the heck was he even trying to do. Im going to use the out side of my left foot instead of my right. Maybe he saw a women showing her legs in the stand whilst drinking alcohol and lost it.

Just noticed that Korea made it through 3 votes for the 2022 world cup and got 5 votes in the end. How can you vote for Korea with all that's been going on there. Who knows what kind of place it could be in 2022.

Shows how much England must have annoyed them if they only got 2 votes.

How many newly minted Qatar residences will be on their team?

I have the feeling a huge chunk of the Qatari team will be naturalized Brazilians.

I think the bid process stinks, but I cannot complain with the results. It makes sense politically and economically to bring Russia into the fold with a World Cup, and it will certainly unite the country to put its best foot forward. As far as Qatar, they certainly have the rupees to put together some incredible and dynamic stadia, and although it could be argued that Asia shouldn't get the WC again so soon after South Korea/Japan, I think Qatar will be a very safe destination that will really get a lot of people to attend.

I'd rather it be in the USA, but we'll have another chance for it in 2030, since 2026 will be Europe again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom