Fifth year options exercised for Ramczyk and Lattimore (1 Viewer)

Lattimore was fighting through a few nagging injuries in his 2nd season. He'll likely be even better this season because of his health, veteran experience, and the level of gray matter between his ears.

Ramczyk is one of the best O-linemen in the NFL (regardless of position). Captain Obvious says that he's a keeper.

:gosaints:

Problem with Lattimore is he only gets up for certain matchups..

Focused Lattimore is arguably the best CB in the NFL.. If he could put together multiple seasons of a fully focused 100% locked in Lattimore, then he is worth 20 a year
Agree with this, and THIS is why I love the Jenkins signing. He won’t put up with that s*** lol

I’d value cb over rt. Tough to replace that a top cb like that. They’re expensive.. and most cb rookies need time to develop.. too difficult to replace. But pound per pound obviously ram is the better player money aside. I’d just trust our ability to scout OL better than cb

I.E. Neither would commit to a long term contract so Loomis locked them down for another year. I agree we can't let either walk this year.
Neither one could walk this year, they’re only going into their 4th year. You have to decide on the 5th year option going into the 4th.

I.E. Neither would commit to a long term contract so Loomis locked them down for another year. I agree we can't let either walk this year.
Either that or it's way cheaper to pay an extra year on a rookie contract than a brand new blockbuster contract, but who knows? You could be right too. :idunno:

...Not about them walking this year though because they were already under contract for this year.

Yes it will be Ram. He'll be cheaper, possibly much much cheaper.

Lattimore will command very close to $20 million if he has an All Pro season.
Yeah I think it comes down to the money. That money can spread around to help the team more than Ram’s salary. If they commanded the same money, or even close to the same money, it would be a different discussion.

Yeah I think it comes down to the money. That money can spread around to help the team more than Ram’s salary. If they commanded the same money, or even close to the same money, it would be a different discussion.

It would. As I think most value a #1 corner over a great right tackle. If it was just about who’s the better player I think it’s Ram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom