Fighting through adversity and excited for this season (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will say as I have a couple of times before this off season, the NFCCG ripped out a part of my fandom. Yes it's "only" football but its more than that to most of us WhoDats. It's a sense of community. It's something that binds us all together. Most people don't understand because they don't have what we have.

It's been tougher to bounce back this off season. I'll still be in the dome and making several away games in hopes that the excitement comes back. I think the only thing that helps subside this issue inside is a Super Bowl win...then we would say we easily could be going for a 3 peat! As they say, time cures all wounds. So turning the page...

I believe we are built not only for the regular season but for the post season. I firmly believe (potential injuries aside) this reminds me of the 2011 team which may be have been the best team we've every had. We have been right there several times since hoisting the Lombardi in 2010. The 2011, 2017,2018 were good enough to win it. Fate was not kind to us in each of those circumstances.

It's time for the season. Our team is filled with leadership on both sides of the ball and we seem to be dialed in. No team scares me in the NFL. I think we are right on par with the Rams and KC (no I didn't list New England as they skate into playoffs partly because they have had the worst division the last 10 years.) I think we are better than them.

Let's finish this thing off.

WhoDat!

Forget the past.
Don't think about what might have been.
Worry about today. And today looks great. In every aspect of life.

The only thing I know is that the Saints are locked-in here until 2050. By then, I'll either be dead are darn close to it. Either way, I am going to sit back and enjoy each and every moment. The good and the bad....and can their really be a bad moment?

I feel like we are getting ready for our final stand. There's not much more we can reasonably do to get our roster set to go win it all. Unless we traded lots of picks away for some players.

The team needs to be good, and they are. But winning a super bowl requires so much luck and reliance on an incompetent and possibly corrupt league to win a Super Bowl.

I hope we get another one in my lifetime and I hope it's this year for Drew, but I can't base expectations on the type of team we have any more after last year.

The team needs to be good, and they are. But winning a super bowl requires so much luck and reliance on an incompetent and possibly corrupt league to win a Super Bowl.

I hope we get another one in my lifetime and I hope it's this year for Drew, but I can't base expectations on the type of team we have any more after last year.
Fair enough. Luck (including keeping your key players healthy) does play a part. I understand how you are tempering expectations based on last year. Last year was different than the year before as the expectations were high last year. 2017 there were a lot of youngsters on this squad. Let's see what happens but as others alluded, I'm not sure outside of maybe 1 more WR opposite MT we could do much more.

WhoDat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom