Filing: OxyContin maker forecast 'blizzard of prescriptions' (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/documents-oxycontin-maker-boasted-potential-205920234.html

According to the filing, Richard Sackler, then senior vice president responsible for sales, told the audience at the launch party to imagine a series of natural disasters: an earthquake, volcanic eruption, hurricane and blizzard.
"The launch of OxyContin Tablets will be followed by a blizzard of prescriptions that will bury the competition. The prescription blizzard will be so deep, dense, and white," he said, according to the documents.

The suit alleges that Purdue Pharma hid the fact that Oxycontin was highly dangerous and addictive and started an opioid epidemic for profit. Then they placed the blame on the addicts they created.

Years earlier, Richard Sackler wrote in an email that the company would have to "hammer on the abusers in every way possible," describing them as "the culprits and the problem."

These crooks / drug dealers are evil personified.

These crooks / drug dealers are evil personified.

Agreed.

I just spent the last week with a friend who was dying. She received the BEST & most compassionate Hospice care possible.

However, I was shocked at the amount of drugs that arrived: a box of like 30 Fentanyl patches???
Fentanyl.....I thought because of all of the Fentanyl deaths they would not even use that anymore. 2 big boxes of Morphine, some anti-anxiety stuff, some ointment calming stuff. Needless to say 7/8 of the stuff was not even needed for comfort care.

So someone made a lot of $$$ off narcotics that would never be used.

Also, the family was told to have Hospice destroy all of the drugs as soon as possible after everything was over, in that someone could break into your house in a heartbeat, if they knew all of those drugs were available.

Agreed.

I just spent the last week with a friend who was dying. She received the BEST & most compassionate Hospice care possible.

However, I was shocked at the amount of drugs that arrived: a box of like 30 Fentanyl patches???
Fentanyl.....I thought because of all of the Fentanyl deaths they would not even use that anymore. 2 big boxes of Morphine, some anti-anxiety stuff, some ointment calming stuff. Needless to say 7/8 of the stuff was not even needed for comfort care.

So someone made a lot of $$$ off narcotics that would never be used.

Also, the family was told to have Hospice destroy all of the drugs as soon as possible after everything was over, in that someone could break into your house in a heartbeat, if they knew all of those drugs were available.
if my mom wouldn't have "destroyed" my wife's pills, i'd be quite well off on the streets, yo' bottles and bottles of sheet

Some of this blame falls at the feet of the physicians prescribing the medications as well. I mean Big Pharma can make all the opioids they want....but without a doctor willing to keep writing those prescriptions, would be far more difficult to obtain. It's not like physicians are ignorant to what these products do.

Some of this blame falls at the feet of the physicians prescribing the medications as well. I mean Big Pharma can make all the opioids they want....but without a doctor willing to keep writing those prescriptions, would be far more difficult to obtain. It's not like physicians are ignorant to what these products do.
Kickbacks saw that prescriptions were written. It's a shame that they created the entire opiode epidemic and got rich off of it while very few of them will ever pay the proper price. They are destroying entire families and hurting people and they get rich doing it.

Allow me to preface this by saying i wish these guys would pay a just penalty, but I wonder why people arent showing more hatred towards politicians on both sides who let this happen. It aint like we havent seen both sides control Congress and the Presidency and still nothing gets done
We get sold down the river on the regular.

Allow me to preface this by saying i wish these guys would pay a just penalty, but I wonder why people arent showing more hatred towards politicians on both sides who let this happen. It aint like we havent seen both sides control Congress and the Presidency and still nothing gets done
We get sold down the river on the regular.
That's true in just about every fabric of our society now. Both parties have become so entrenched that they have nothing to lose by selling us down the river. Sad part is nothing changes and everyone will not only go out and vote for one of the two bad candidates from these two bad parties but many will give them money and root them on like it's their favorite sports team.

It is on the doctors. They prescribed this stuff so carelessly. Its not the pills that scare me. Its the fentanyl coming in from mexico. You have no idea the stregnth and thats what's caused the huge increase in overdoses. The pills aint the problem. yes they started the epidemic for sure, but real problem now is the stuff on the streets. Its very scary

if my mom wouldn't have "destroyed" my wife's pills, i'd be quite well off on the streets, yo' bottles and bottles of shirt

You got that right!

Not worth the risk, however. Who wants to sit in a cold jail cell & eat horrible food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom