Film Study: Andrus Peat + Long time no see/Catching up - Hey SR! (Also, some film pieces on how well Andrus Peat is playing) (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Been a long (too long) time since I came on SR. 2020 has been a really rough year, so , sorry for not being around as much. Still working with various news agencies/radio. Even got a interview with Jabari Greer Sunday I'm excited about so if you got any interesting questions shoot them down below. Main content to be discussed below.

View attachment PeatDom1.mp4

View attachment PeatDom2.mp4

Attachments

• PeatPancake.mp4
    16.8 MB
We haven't mentioned Peat since the Chargers game I think. Usually that's a sign he's playing well.

If Peat is playing well = no topics on him
If Peat isn't playing well = topics on him

Simple logic I abide by. Haha.

The positives of Peat:

*Most consistent season of his career
*Duke Manyweather (Top OL Scout/Trainer in the country) puts him as Top 7/8 at his position*
*Better body control in 2020. Doesn't get caught over extending.
*Strong initial punch consistently lands inside striking range and level with pads
*Better use/understanding of Center Of Gravity
*Still great in space as a puller/screen blocker
*Footwork has improved, which along with core strength, has led to better balance and performance on the field.

Agreed, though that award seems to carry little weight these days (popularity contest?)
It's more of a euphemism than an actual representation of the current voting procedure for the probowl status quo.

You usually get 3 laymen terms

All-Pro
Pro-bowl
Just Good

I feel Peat is better than just good, but not All-Pro. The ideal spot was the pro-bowl, but when probowl actually had good voting.

Welcome back, Rev.

In my experience, the Peat detractors here always seem to get oddly quiet when the game tape gets turned on and they’re presented with how baseless the vast majority of their outrageous claims are.

Ultimately, they scurry back to the recesses of their dark basements to weep and console themselves by putting Goodell Clown reacts on any post they disagree with but can’t logically argue against.

We haven't mentioned Peat since the Chargers game I think. Usually that's a sign he's playing well.

If Peat is playing well = no topics on him
If Peat isn't playing well = topics on him

Simple logic I abide by. Haha.
Seems fitting. Peat keeps this up he will get another extension and pay raise!

He's doing much better this year. But let's be honest that many of the critiques in the past were legitimate. He struggled with technique issues that he seems to have cleared up alot.

Hey Rev! Welcome back!

Peat's just now getting the wily OL tricks, and full man-strength. He also does a good job dragging those massive legs 5-10 yards downfield on screens.

My only beef with him is he can't stay healthy.

It looks like Peat has finally turned the corner. Thanks for the great analysis on him, Rev. Hopefully fans will see it and get over their small minded hate towards him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom