Film Study: Dion Jordan, Bjorn Werner, Corey Lemonier (1 Viewer)

After you get to Jenkins I have another request for you. Check out Quanterus Smith from Western Kentucky he had 12.5 sacks 18.5 TFL's and destroyed DJ FLucker when they played Alabama. Really streaky but could be there as a UDFA and he has some potential.

Will do

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golston was stiff as a board and couldn't run the arch. He was a great straight line athlete, but unfortunately for him football isn't played in straight lines. Jordan is extremely agile considering his length. Very fluid in his movements and his combo of height/flexibility is errily similar to Aldon Smith. The problem with Dion Jordan is his strength. I am not confident that he has the strength to anchor the strong side...which is the side that the Saints currently have nothing. He has a high center of mass and is going to get overpowered by TEs and tackles in the running game. Hicks hopefully with command a guard & tackle to block him...but I am not certain that Jordan can anchor against TEs. And that is a problem if you are going to have Martez Wilson or Jon Vilma at SILB. It's a shame too because Jordan has the versatility to play SOLB...but I think that he is only suitable to play WOLB at this point due to his frame.

I think with the players we already have, we can field a decent starting front 7 for the 3 -4. But the weakest link will be that SOLB spot. Its probably the toughest LB position in the 3-4. First, that LB must be able to play the run. He is on the edge, but has to be stout at the POA, where he must be able to contain and and also get off the block. Then he may be asked to cover the TE or back. Finally, he has to be able to rush the passer. Of our current players,Tez has the most "potential" and a good "skill set" to play SOLB in the 3-4. But after playing under 2 different DCs, 2 different schemes, and in 2 different positions in 2 years, I have no clue as to what he'll do under HIS THIRD DC IN 3 YEARS, and at ANY position (also now his third) in the 3-4!

Right now, I have Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Jordan and Ansah on my radar at 15. All have strengths and weaknesses, but IMO, none have the complete package to play SOLB.

So what I think we'll do is set up situational packages. We'll pick up a vet SOLB in FA, a player who knows how to play the scheme, a 2 down player who can FIRST play the run and then has the quickness and ability to cover from time to time when called upon. As an edge backer in the 3-4. passrushing ability is always a must.

In passing situations, the rook comes in and will usually play the weakside (like Aldon Smith). But of all my radar players, because of his "unique" coverage skills, Jordan has the ability to play the strongside as well. He can rush the passer, but also drop in coverage, and take the TE outta the pass play.

I think with the players we already have, we can field a decent starting front 7 for the 3 -4. But the weakest link will be that SOLB spot. Its probably the toughest LB position in the 3-4. First, that LB must be able to play the run. He is on the edge, but has to be stout at the POA, where he must be able to contain and and also get off the block. Then he may be asked to cover the TE or back. Finally, he has to be able to rush the passer. Of our current players,Tez has the most "potential" and a good "skill set" to play SOLB in the 3-4. But after playing under 2 different DCs, 2 different schemes, and in 2 different positions in 2 years, I have no clue as to what he'll do under HIS THIRD DC IN 3 YEARS, and at ANY position (also now his third) in the 3-4!

Right now, I have Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Jordan and Ansah on my radar at 15. All have strengths and weaknesses, but IMO, none have the complete package to play SOLB.

So what I think we'll do is set up situational packages. We'll pick up a vet SOLB in FA, a player who knows how to play the scheme, a 2 down player who can FIRST play the run and then has the quickness and ability to cover from time to time when called upon. As an edge backer in the 3-4. passrushing ability is always a must.

In passing situations, the rook comes in and will usually play the weakside (like Aldon Smith). But of all my radar players, because of his "unique" coverage skills, Jordan has the ability to play the strongside as well. He can rush the passer, but also drop in coverage, and take the TE outta the pass play.

I've been thinking the same thing Gallette and Wilson will play the Jack posistion but we really dont have anything for SAM, Wilson might be able to play the SAM but I dont trust his read/reaction instincts to be fast enough to handle (even though I hope I'm wrong).

Dion Jordan makes the most sense at 15 as he is a great talent and also fills a huge need. Then grab a guy like Cooper Taylor who has the potential to develop into a nice backup at SAM, along with signing a free agency to have some experieince at the posistion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom