Film Study: Dion Jordan, Bjorn Werner, Corey Lemonier (1 Viewer)

I like Kawan Short, Manti Teo or simply a guard or tackle from Alabama will be ok as long as they don't use no antler spray.

OP...does Werner resemble Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue at all? If I recall correctly Kerrigan was a 4-3 DE at Purdue, but now he thrives as a stand up 3-4 OLB. Do you see any similarities between the two if you've seen Kerrigan on film?

OP...does Werner resemble Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue at all? If I recall correctly Kerrigan was a 4-3 DE at Purdue, but now he thrives as a stand up 3-4 OLB. Do you see any similarities between the two if you've seen Kerrigan on film?

There are some similarites, but Werner to me is more explosive and probably a better overall athelete. Kerrigan's motor seems better (just my opinion).

Just nervous Jordan blows up the Combine and turns into Vernon golston. He's raw, with a lack of pass rush moves. Just athletic and relies strictly on athleticism. That won't work against most nfl tackles. On the flip side, his coverage ability is rare. When he can actually be taller than most te's. the league is producing some athletic freaks at te (graham gronk etc) it'd be nice to have someone who could keep up

Great research by the way. Curious, do you think bw would have had a chance to recover? Or maybe his responsibility was to watch the cutback? Some defenses use the back side end to trail a little to prevent a cutback

Golston was stiff as a board and couldn't run the arch. He was a great straight line athlete, but unfortunately for him football isn't played in straight lines. Jordan is extremely agile considering his length. Very fluid in his movements and his combo of height/flexibility is errily similar to Aldon Smith. The problem with Dion Jordan is his strength. I am not confident that he has the strength to anchor the strong side...which is the side that the Saints currently have nothing. He has a high center of mass and is going to get overpowered by TEs and tackles in the running game. Hicks hopefully with command a guard & tackle to block him...but I am not certain that Jordan can anchor against TEs. And that is a problem if you are going to have Martez Wilson or Jon Vilma at SILB. It's a shame too because Jordan has the versatility to play SOLB...but I think that he is only suitable to play WOLB at this point due to his frame.

The scouting report on Jordan said he had a high motor, but I didn't see it. Werner and Lemoneir looked like plaayers to me.

The scouting report on Jordan said he had a high motor, but I didn't see it. Werner and Lemoneir looked like plaayers to me.

His motor looked very good to me.

Lemoneir is cool, an overachiever.

Werner is definetily a player, but dissappointed me in some areas.

Always nice when people u respect agree with you.

Greg Cossell on Werner:
On Florida State DE Bjoern Werner:"I've seen a bunch of games, and I'm going to be in the minority here, but I did not love this kid on tape. He's naturally athletic, there's no question about that, and there were times when he was very explosive off the ball as a pass rusher. There were times when he used his hands effectively to stack and shed in the run game. I thought he was more of a speed-to-power pass rusher than an explosive edge rusher, and I didn't think he was highly competitive snap after snap. I thought he was a flash player -- when he won early, he was really good. But if he didn't win initially, he was not a finisher."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...eview-podcast-greg-cosell-201551900--nfl.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Always nice when people u respect agree with you.

Greg Cossell on Werner:
On Florida State DE Bjoern Werner:"I've seen a bunch of games, and I'm going to be in the minority here, but I did not love this kid on tape. He's naturally athletic, there's no question about that, and there were times when he was very explosive off the ball as a pass rusher. There were times when he used his hands effectively to stack and shed in the run game. I thought he was more of a speed-to-power pass rusher than an explosive edge rusher, and I didn't think he was highly competitive snap after snap. I thought he was a flash player -- when he won early, he was really good. But if he didn't win initially, he was not a finisher."

Y! SPORTS

Ive never been crazy about Werner he disapeared for whole games this year. It's like he lacks that killer instinct and only wants the "flashy" stats

Mike Mayock: Bjoern Werner isn't a top-10 prospect

With the NFL Scouting Combine just days away, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is talking up a 2013 NFL Draft class low on quarterback gems, but deep with talent in the trenches.

Finding a premier pass rusher could be a chore, however, with Mayock questioning whether Florida State's Bjoern Werner and Texas A&M's Damontre Moore are being overvalued at the defensive end position.
"I have a little different opinion than what I'm hearing a lot of people have on these -- quote -- 4-3 defensive ends," Mayock told reporters during a Monday conference call. "I'm not as high on these guys as some people are. For instance, I don't think Bjoern Werner or Damontre Moore are top-10 players. They might go in the top 10, but I don't see it that way.
"As you start dropping down later, what happens is Ziggy Ansah from BYU, he's got as much upside as anybody in this draft. I don't think he gets to 30. Sam Montgomery, the defensive end from LSU, is a guy that could be there. And (LSU teammate) Barkevious Mingo gets a lot more of the attention, but I kind of feel like Sam Montgomery brings it every snap more than Mingo does. He's not as quick, he's not as gifted, but he's very physical and tough."

more here
Mike Mayock: Bjoern Werner isn't a top-10 prospect - NFL.com

And its not to say i dont like Werner...i do. But he gets this tag as a "high motor guy" and its just not the case. He'll be a good player tho.

Sorry I meant to say never been crazy about him. For an elite pass rusher he went 4 games without a sack and only had 2 games where he truely dominated 4 sacks against Murray State and 3.5 against arch rival Florida.

I think he's going to take a lot of coaching to keep him motivated game to game

Sorry I meant to say never been crazy about him. For an elite pass rusher he went 4 games without a sack and only had 2 games where he truely dominated 4 sacks against Murray State and 3.5 against arch rival Florida.

I think he's going to take a lot of coaching to keep him motivated game to game

Interesting. I can see it on the tape. He will be better as a situaional guy initially

It's like sometimes he just "phones it in" if you know what I mean. I think Brandon Jenkins will end up being the better pro and if he hadn't broke his foot he would have been the top DE in the draft.

It's like sometimes he just "phones it in" if you know what I mean. I think Brandon Jenkins will end up being the better pro and if he hadn't broke his foot he would have been the top DE in the draft.

Keep saying i will watch tape on him but havent got around to it. So many prospects.

Keep saying i will watch tape on him but havent got around to it. So many prospects.

After you get to Jenkins I have another request for you. Check out Quanterus Smith from Western Kentucky he had 12.5 sacks 18.5 TFL's and destroyed DJ FLucker when they played Alabama. Really streaky but could be there as a UDFA and he has some potential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom