Films you have never seen that everyone thinks you should see. (1 Viewer)

the "vacation" series of movies was/is quite popular and apparently funny, but since i've always loathed chevy chase i'll never know

the "vacation" series of movies was/is quite popular and apparently funny, but since i've always loathed chevy chase i'll never know

I don't like him either, he's just not very funny to me. That's the deal with comedy though, its very subjective.

1. Braveheart- feel the most shame about this one.
2. Jaws- much less shame over this one.
3. Titantic- I consider never seeing a badge of honor.
4. Avatar- tried watching a few times. Bored me to tears. Nothing about it grabs me.

As for the OP's list, as others have said, Godfather 1 and 2 are must watch. Just pretend 3 doesn't exist.

add me to the list that has never seen the Godfather...and i really have no desire to watch it

I only watched them for the first time a couple of years ago.. i found them (esp 1 ) to be worthy of the hype.. really well done, and a great watch especially if you are of (partial) Sicilian ancestry like myself .. HOWEVER- i find Goodfellas to be a better movie; I’m not sure if it’s becuase i saw Goodfellas first, or because i grew up with it, or know it better.. i think i just like the faster pace of GF more than the slower tempo of The Godfather films.

As for the OP's list, as others have said, Godfather 1 and 2 are must watch. Just pretend 3 doesn't exist.

That’s exactly what I did .. i always forget there is a third Godfather film, because i never actually acknowledged it to begin with.

And I’m the exact same way with the Back to the Future films after the first one.... for whatever reason, some movies lend themselves better to sequels; i liked some of the Rockys after the original, and of course the Star Wars sequels (some).. but not every succesful blockbuster needs to be a ‘franchise.’

i think Fletch is probably the go to for Chevy Chase
but from everything i've heard (even from my own wife who choreographed a scene he was part of) he is a world class ***hole

Here are some of the films I have never seen, tell me why I should see them.

1. The Godfather franchise
2. The Rocky franchise
3. Rambo
4. Titanic
5. Tootsie

What are the ones you've never seen?
The first two Godfather movies are epic, and the second may be better than the first. The third is a complete turd, just pretend it doesn't exist.

The first Rocky is a really great movie. The second one is pretty good, but after that they get a little cartoonish.

First Blood is also a great movie, but anything with "Rambo" in the title is garbage.

Titanic - I never got the appeal of this movie. It's like a four hour version of Dirty Dancing on a very expensive boat in which they managed to make every character completely one-dimensional.

Tootsie - It's a good movie, but nothing I would go out of my way to watch.

i think Fletch is probably the go to for Chevy Chase
but from everything i've heard (even from my own wife who choreographed a scene he was part of) he is a world class ***hole

I hear Dan Akroyd is like that too. I heard him on Rogan a few months ago and I think he came across that way, really fake and a know-it-all.
But hey, Ghostbusters was good!

I guess I'm a bit of a movie junkie because I've seen every one mentioned so far, except Goodfellas. I'm probably gonna get to that at some point. I did watch Blade Runner for the first time a few days ago.

I watched The Godfather series for the first time about 6 years ago. Before watching, I had the same attitude as antipop, but i watched because someone here recommended it highly, and i figured I'd give it a try. Was not disappointed. As others have said, 1 and 2 were sublime. 3 was a letdown.

On the tv side, I haven't seen The Shield, Sopranos and I'm currently watching The Wire. Into season 2. I haven't really binged much lately. I think the last time I binged much was Breaking Bad last year, and before that, the Marvel shows on Netflix. Oh, and i binged GOT twice in the last 2 years. I'm still a fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom