Final 53 man & practice squad with notes (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Offense(24):

QB: Brees, Bridgewater, Hill
RB: Kamara, Murray, Washington
FB: Line
WR: Thomas, Ginn, Smith, Carr, Kirkwood, Harris(KR/PR)
TE: Cook, Hill
LT: Armstead, Greenidge
LG: Peat, Easton
C: McCoy, Clapp
RG: Warford
RT: Ramczyk, Omameh

Defense(28, Onyemata doesn’t count that first week, so someone is getting cut after week 1):

DE: Jordan, Edwards, Horton
DT: Onyemata, Tuttle, Rankins
DT: Brown, Stallworth
DE: Davenport, Hendrickson
SAM: Klein, Alonso
MIKE: Anzalone, Elliss
WILL: Davis, Robertson
CB: Lattimore, Crawley
FS: Marcus, Hampton
SS: Bell, CGJ, Gray
CB: Apple, Hardee
NB: PJ, PRob

Special Teams(3):

K: Lutz
P: Morestead
LS: Wood

Practice squad(10):

TE Dan Arnold
TE Alize Mack
WR Emmanuel Butler
WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey
WR Taquan Mizzell
OL Derrick Kelly II
OL John Leglue
DL Mitchell Loewen
DB TJ Green
DB Terrell Williams Jr

The offense looks good. I would just swap out Butler and Kirkwood if Kirkwood is still injured. I would probably do it anyway cause I think he’s an upgrade. I would also swap out Arnold for Greenidge since we need another tight end and hopefully Greenidge would clear waivers & make it to the PS.

The defense looks really good as well. Hopefully Craig Robertson’s injury isn’t as bad as people think cause this will be by far one of the best LB cores since the dome patrol. Having Alonso, Robertson, & Elliss as your backups is great & makes us really deep. I would love to see Alonso come in and beat out Klein for the starting SAM spot.

I like the practice squad. Would of liked to have seen Grayson make it, but hopefully Mizzell offers the speed he did since we need speed at that position IMO. Glad we got Butler, Arnold, Mack, Humphrey, Kelly, Loewen, Green, & Williams for sure. Don’t know much about Mizzell & Leglue. Leglue went to Tulane and was with the Broncos this preseason. Mizzell was with the Ravens this preseason and the Bears the last two seasons. He returned some kicks, so he must have the speed that we need at that position. Think we should of signed a LB to the PS and wish Gustin would of been that guy. Other than not getting a LB I think the squad looks good.

*Corps

Robertson's injury can now be allowed to heal completely with the signing of Alonso. He's not just a SAM like Robertson isn't just a WILL.

So who is the 53rd man on roster, the player who gets cut before gameday when a team need to active somebody from practice squad and then gets resigned Monday to roster.

I'm guessing it's most likely Carr or Kirkwood

So who is the 53rd man on roster, the player who gets cut before gameday when a team need to active somebody from practice squad and then gets resigned Monday to roster.

I'm guessing it's most likely Carr or Kirkwood
I'm guessing it's Shy Tuttle. Neither Carr nor Kirkwood will be cut. Payton likes both of them.

Really wish we had gotten Ggrayson on the practice squad. We could develop him to be Ginn's replacement as our "speed" guy. Tra'quon is fast but he's not Ginn nor Grayson fast.

I'm guessing it's Shy Tuttle. Neither Carr nor Kirkwood will be cut. Payton likes both of them.
Don't think it will be any of these players. It would likely be a veteran, who doesn't have to be exposed to waivers, so we can truly have the wink-nod agreement to bring him back on his own free will alone. I say it would be somebody like Wes Horton or Patrick Omameh.

Really wish we had gotten Ggrayson on the practice squad. We could develop him to be Ginn's replacement as our "speed" guy. Tra'quon is fast but he's not Ginn nor Grayson fast.
There will be plenty other guys with straight line speed to sign. Hell, it could eventually be Harris.

There will be plenty other guys with straight line speed to sign. Hell, it could eventually be Harris.
This. People are under-selling Harris as Offensive gadget "toy" there's a reason Payton played him so much at WR, during pre-season game 4.

I'm betting We'll see him on Jet-Sweeps, Reverses, WR Bubble screens, and other trick plays to just get the ball in his hands and let him flash his speed at certain points in the season when Payton wants to bust out his "Laboratory" plays.

This. People are under-selling Harris as Offensive gadget "toy" there's a reason Payton played him so much at WR, during pre-season game 4.

I'm betting We'll see him on Jet-Sweeps, Reverses, WR Bubble screens, and other trick plays to just get the ball in his hands and let him flash his speed at certain points in the season when Payton wants to bust out his "Laboratory" plays.

With this in mind, I keep having a recurring thought about one of these “gadget” plays...

Humor me...

We keep Taysom Hill on the KR team as an “up back”... from time to time have Hill and Harris back deep on KR team...

Opposing team kicks away from Harris...
Hill fields the kick and takes off towards the sideline...
Hill stops and throws the backward pass across the field to Harris, who hung back...
Harris do what he do and houses it!

What better player to pull off the trick pass kick return than an actual QB!

Mizzell must be seen as an RB. Hard to believe we’d only carry 3 overall otherwise. Unless our #7 also counts as one...

I'm shocked by the lack of a shuffle at the bottom of the roster. I guess its still early.

It will be interesting to see if anyone who made the initial 53 goes to IR now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom