Final 53 man Roster (1 Viewer)

SaintfromOZ

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
G'Day Y'all, I've been putting together my final 53 man roster with 10 Practice Squad members. I'd like to think Grayson will beat out McCown and free up a roster spot to allow for another player either offence or defence to step up and have an opportunity but for the sake of this I have taken 3 QB's on the roster. I have put Kaleb Eulls in although, it was between him, Avery Young and Landon Turner for the final OL position. I could see anyone of those 3 taking that spot.
I did think of not taking a FB at all and using Hoomanawanui there once again freeing up another spot but I doubt SP would do that.
What are your thoughts on the below?

QB: Drew Brees, Luke McCown, Garrett Grayson
FB: Austin Johnson
RB: Mark Ingram, Tim Hightower, CJ Spiller, Travaris Cadet, Daniel Lasco
WR: Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Willie Snead, Brandon Coleman, RJ Harris
TE: Coby Fleener, Michael Hoomanawanui, Josh Hill
OL: Terron Armstead, Max Unger, Andrus Peat, Zach Strief,
Senio Kelemete, Tim Lelito, Jack Allen, Kaleb Eulls

Offence: 25

DL: Sheldon Rankins, Cameron Jordan, Tyeler Davison, Nick Fairley, John Jenkins, Kasim Edebali, Davis Tull, Obum Gwachum, David Oneymata
LB: James Laurinitis, Stephone Anthony, Danelle Ellerbe, Craig Robertson, Nathan Stupar, Michael Mauti
S: Jairus Byrd, Kenny Vaccaro, Vonn Bell, Roman Harper, Erik Harris
CB: Delvin Breaux, Kennan Lewis, PJ Williams, Damian Swann, DeVante Harris

Defence: 25

LS: Justin Drescher
P: Thomas Morstead
K: Connor Barth

ST: 3

Practice Squad:
DJ Pettway
Trae Elston
Sioni Houma
Ashaad Mabry
Avery Young
Landon Turner
Alden Darby
Kyle Prater
Dillon Lee
Ryker Matthews
---------------

I would have Ryker Matthews in place of Kaleb Eulls and marcus murphy in place of travaris cadet .... wish I can get rid of john jenkins ...

We better keep only 4 rbs cadet will always be available

They really should expand rosters to 56. This is the first year we have quality depth and we will lose some good players.

For this early in the game, that's definitely a legit roster based on what we know as of now. You can argue for one bubble player over another on the line but that isn't going to make or break anything this season.

Not sold on Coleman making it this year. We got Fleener and Thomas it makes him expendable.

Looks good, I just don't think we can afford to keep 5 RBs. Maybe IR Lasco or practice squad? Maybe trade Hightower? Cadet can return kicks and play special teams so I think he makes it.

I would love for Grayson to take a huge step forward and make McCown expendable but I don't see it happening. That extra spot would be so beneficial though.

The WR battle between Coleman, Harris and Meachem will be very interesting and I think Meachem will make the team. He is a great downfield blocker and would bring a veteran presence to the WR squad.

Maybe I just have too much hope in my heart but if our defense can stay healthy they look really good on paper. Like top 15 good, which would be about 4 more wins, making us 11-5.

Looks good, I just don't think we can afford to keep 5 RBs. Maybe IR Lasco or practice squad? Maybe trade Hightower? Cadet can return kicks and play special teams so I think he makes it.

I would love for Grayson to take a huge step forward and make McCown expendable but I don't see it happening. That extra spot would be so beneficial though.

The WR battle between Coleman, Harris and Meachem will be very interesting and I think Meachem will make the team. He is a great downfield blocker and would bring a veteran presence to the WR squad.

Maybe I just have too much hope in my heart but if our defense can stay healthy they look really good on paper. Like top 15 good, which would be about 4 more wins, making us 11-5.

Meachem was not under contract during the OTA he attended. A player can attend OTA's while not under contract. Unlike OTA's, trading camp attendees must be under contract.

Meachem was not under contract during the OTA he attended. A player can attend OTA's while not under contract. Unlike OTA's, trading camp attendees must be under contract.

It'll take Meachem all of about five seconds to sign the vet minimum.

I'm very optimistic about our defense.

I'm very sure our DB's will be a big plus this year.

I also think our ILB corps will surprise some people.

I worry a bit about our pass rush. I think we will be ok if Gwachum and/or Oneymata have an NFL pass rush.

I think our RB corps is good, and will win us a few games. I think Murphy and Cadet will be on the bubble.

I think our O line is not as bad as some think. Brees will fix it early or adapt to it.

By season's end, our WR's will be better than last year.

I have Spiller returning kicks with Cadet as another option. I feel uneasy when Murphy has the ball.

I think Lasco made my squad and not IR because he can play ST and we all know SP values that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom