Final Drive v Carolina explains Cadet's presence (1 Viewer)

Vermont Saint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For those wondering- The Saints obviously like his versatility and situational football intelligence. The Patriots picked him up for the same reason. And no, he won't be going the distance on returns, but he clearly takes coaching well and is trusted by Brees and Payton. Perhaps we have been too hard on him- your thoughts?

i agree its obvious why we kept him. He has the skill-set we need to be a factor in some of the formations we use to dictate coverage. He's no star player at the position but he does what he is supposed to do and has done a better job of holding on to the ball in the last few games.

He could be upgraded but that can wait until next season...we're doing just fine with him and he's getting just enough snaps to contribute.

He could be upgraded but that can wait until next season...we're doing just fine with him and he's getting just enough snaps to contribute.

Cadet's presence contributes to the rational that our talent development is whack. We had Cadet on the roster before Spiller even came here. Yet Cadet wasn't good enough so we signed Spiller, released Cadet, next season we signed Cadet and released Spiller... :idunno:

I agree that he did what was asked of him on that last drive. Still would rather have Spiller.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He's a very poor man's Reggie Bush. Can line him up all over the place. He does sort of tip our hand when it comes to passing, but if he's in on passing downs, it's irrelevant.

In a related note, we better hope Christian McCaffery isn't versatile. Because I can absolutely imagine us taking him.

Not because I want us to. But because it feels like something that Sean Payton would have happen.

He put the early drops behind him after the first couple of weeks. Hopefully it's an upwards trend from now on

The thing that keeps him on the team, IMO, is his ability to run WR routes. He'll never be a gamebreaker but it's important to have a RB in this offense that has the ability to split out and be a WR regularly. Sproles and Bush were both very capable at that. I think SP assumed Spiller would be able to as well but it didn't work out (I do wonder if Spiller's supposed problems learning the playbook had to do with him not figuring out his responsiblities on the WR side of things).

I've never had a problem with Cadet. He's versatile, he's a solid special teamer, he works hard, and he doesn't ever really screw up.

I guess it's time for me to give up hope of cadet being a between the tackles , 3 down running back. Thanks for clearing this up for me and all the other people on SR that thought the same thing.

We all undervalued Stecker too, but he was a versatile, solid contributor.

Can't agree with you here. Stecker stepped in some games and had over 100 yards against the rams one year when they were good. Plus, he was good on special teams as well. At least I never undervalued him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom