Final Fantasy 15 (1 Viewer)

This game was horrible to me. I dropped $80 on the Deluxe Edition off eBay. It came with Kingsglaive. I gotta say the movie has been 10xbetter than the first 6 hours of the game. Please tell me it's not Brokeback Mountain: Road Trip the entire game. I can see the technical prowess of the game, as far as things to do and graphics, but there has been 0 story worth caring about and the characters have been cringeworthy caricatures of bro-friends...

I've been a fan of rpgs for a long time, but Square has no clue how to make a game anymore. What happened to the days of FFVII-X? Or Xenogears? Or even Brave Fencer Musashi for goodness sakes? Cough...Einhander...cough. Remakes of any of those games appeal to me more than sitting through another FF snoozefest by these new teams they have on the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game was horrible to me. I dropped $80 on the Deluxe Edition off eBay. It came with Kingsglaive. I gotta say the movie has been 10xbetter than the first 6 hours of the game. Please tell me it's not Brokeback Mountain: Road Trip the entire game. I can see the technical prowess of the game, as far as things to do and graphics, but there has been 0 story worth caring about and the characters have been cringeworthy caricatures of bro-friends...

I've been a fan of rpgs for a long time, but Square has no clue how to make a game anymore. What happened to the days of FFVII-X? Or Xenogears? Or even Brave Fencer Musashi for goodness sakes? Cough...Einhander...cough. Remakes of any of those games appeal to me more than sitting through another FF snoozefest by these new teams they have on the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the first few chapters to be somewhat boring and very open. There were a few interesting parts, but it's mostly just open for the sake of being open. If they were going to go that route, they really needed to add some character to the vast open space, like the Witcher 3 did.

However, once you get to the Titan, and especially after you get to Altissia, the story picks up the pace. It's a bit odd in parts, but to me, that's when the game gets interesting finally. I know they were fixing Ch 13 a bit, but it's just very long and isolating. of course, that's the idea. Isolate him from his friends, a few jump scares, etc.

The pacing of the game is just off.

You start out walking around, aimlessness to a point, and then it's a mad sprint for the second half of the game. All of my favorite parts are the lead up to getting to Altissia. I actually was bummed when you have to leave Iris behind. She was a fun travel partner.

Perhaps they did borrow a bit too much from Harry Potter, just with a darker ending.

I thought the ending was pretty good.

But I'd never confused this with FFX, or FF3 in terms of tight story telling.

I posted it earlier, but the Honest Game Trailer really hit it on the head.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/6673899-post55.html

Last edited:
Anyone go back to this now that the first DLC for Gladius is out?

I'm not sure if I'll pick it up or not.

They sort of went backwards with most FF games. They were extremely open world, then as the game/story progresses, very linear, until the end.

Most others were linear to get the story going, then open up. Overall I did enjoy it, but it does feel like a chore (which, I guess is the FF thing now...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom